Networking (siemens) after preparing the project...steps

drspanda

Dear All,

I have made a project with 2 plc's (CPU 414-2DP) and 3 PC stations connected with each other in profibus DP. All PC Stations use CP 5613 card....Profibus cabling is ready with terminators ON at ends (Where only one cable is there)....As the Two CPU's are fresh (I mean blank) how do I download their respective programs to the PLC's....I have a doubt and want to clarify it:

Below are my steps and kindly correct me if wrong.

1. Profibus cabling done (terminators ON at ends).....connectors are at PLC 1, PLC 2, PC station-1, PC station-2 and PC station-3 ends....But are not connected to CPU and CP5613 respectively....

2. Now connect the connector to PLC 1 and PC-station-1 respectively.

3. Open station configurator in PC Station-1 ---> import station --> import PC station-1 xdb file..

4. From PC station-1 open simatic manager (with PG/PC interface setting done to PC internal)....download PLC 1

5. After the above step PLC 1 node address would become as programmed.

6. Remove connector from PLC 1 and connect connector to PLC 2.

7. From PC station-1 open simatic manager (with PG/PC interface setting done to PC internal)....download PLC 2

8. After the above step PLC 2 node address would become as programmed.

now PLC's are networked to PC station-1.....Am I correct??

Then I would import respective stations in respective PC stations....Am I done??

I think you have a problem with your suggested procedure, that the CPU's X2 port (DP) is disabled when it comes out of the box. At least this is how it is with S7-300, not sure if it is the same with S7-400.
The X1 port (MPI/DP) is probably set to MPI and station address 2.
So try to download the HW config via MPI first.

JesperMP said:
I think you have a problem with your suggested procedure, that the CPU's X2 port (DP) is disabled when it comes out of the box.QUOTE]

Do you mean when purchased?

The X1 port (MPI/DP) is probably set to MPI and station address 2. So try to download the HW config via MPI first

"Do X1 port (MPI/DP) change to DP and its station address gets changed as per my requirement"...If I download the HW Config via X1 port(MPI/DP).

Thank You for your advice.