Red Lion Cognex comms Problem, writing value to wrong Tags

wdd0422

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me here. I have a Red Lion Productivity Station that I am programming to use to display production values on the plant floor. I have 3 Cognex cameras currently connected to it configured by selecting the Cognex driver in the Crimson 3 software. It is a TCP\IP connection. The problem is for instance I am displaying 3 tags, Passed, Failed, Total and some discrete bits. It will work for a while then all of the sudden it will start writing the Passed value in the Failed Tag or the Total Tag and visa versa. Also the discrete bits will stop updating or writing to the wrong tags as well. Usually if I cycle power on the Red Lion or re-establish communications by unplugging the Ethernet cable the numeric Tags will start displaying correctly but not always. At first this would correct the problem with discrete bits as well but now I can't seem to get them to update at all.

I have contacted Red Lion and they say they have never heard of this and that they are just polling the camera so it can't be them. Cognex says it's just using native mode commands and they have never heard of a problem where the wrong cell values were being written. I have found only one white page note on configuring the camera and there was not much information there. I don't see how I could have it configured wrong, it's pretty simple. I'm not any kind of expert when it comes to communications so I would really appreciate some help if someone has any ideas or knows of someone at Red lion specifically I could contact. I have a lot of cameras and it would really suck if it turned out this won't work. I am using other connections to PLC's and other Red Lion Displays that are working fine.

As always, thanks in advance
Bill

Please feel free to contact me again via email or the phone. The next best option would be to get a wireshark capture that I can show the driver engineer.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have Productivity Station which will collect Run time data from Phoenix input block "ILB ETH 24 DI16 DIO16-2TX". I am new to crimson. I have to log data for few shifts and display on monitor via HDMI cable and on cell phone throught internet. I also want to show trends of Run time of the machines. I am not very good in C - Programming. Any help and suggestions about configuration and setup will be appreciated. Thanks

another question please, I am preparing display which I am planing to use on monitor which will be connected to Productivity Station via HDMI port. When I open display tab in Crimson 3, it shows "Note:Editing is not fully accurate at this zoom level". I checekd, it is fully zoomed out from crimson software. I wonder if it is related to my laptops display settings?? Thanks in advance

As I noted in reply to another thread, please create a new thread for your new topic.

Post the version of Crimson 3 that you are using, so other users can post compatible *.CD3 databases as examples.

The Phoenix ILB ETH modules use Modbus/TCP protocol, so the ProducTVity station should be able to read them easily.