PC to SLC 5/04 Din connector programming port cable needed

cyclingtom

Does anyone know the correct AB cable I need to connect a laptop serial port to an SLC 5/04 processor programming port, specifically the DIN connector? Seems to be some confusion between our distributor and Rockwell on the correct cable.

The DH+ din port? For that you need a PCMK card and PCM/5 cable with CP7 adaptor (or PCM/6 cable). Alternativly you could use the USB version.

EDIT: I think the part numbers are correct?

What part numbers have they given you? There are several options...

Do you plan to communicate with it via DH+ or serial?

Does anyone know the correct AB cable I need to connect a laptop serial port to an SLC 5/04 processor programming port, specifically the DIN connector? Seems to be some confusion between our distributor and Rockwell on the correct cable.

The Mini DIN Connector is for the DH+ Port, and will allow you to program that PLC, and any other PLCs visible on the DH+ Network. However, you need a DH+ Communications Card or Adapter to do that.

I have never seen a direct cable to the DIN Connector, there is usually a DB9 to DIN Adapter. These used to be included with the PLC5 Processors along with the Terminating Resisitors etc.

Someone may make them aftermarket though.

Stu....

The 1784-PCMK card, as mentioned, has two different cables for connection to DH+ networks; the 1784-PCM5 connects to Classic PLC-5 controllers, and can use a 1784-CP7 "Space Shuttle" adapter to connect to the Mini-DIN8 connector that is on Enhanced PLC-5 and SLC-504 and 1756-DHRIO modules.

The 1784-PCM6 cable has a Mini-DIN8 directly on it.

All of this is historical information, though; the 1784-PCMK quietly stopped production almost two years ago. Be aware also if you're buying used equipment that the Series A and Series B cards and cables must match Series letters because the card-to-cable connector is different.

Rockwell Automation offers a modern DH+ interface, the 1784-U2DHP, which connects from USB to Data Highway Plus and has only the Mini-DIN8 connector on the end. A "reverse adapter" is available from Grace Engineering if you need to connect to Classic controllers or very old DH+ networks.

Third party DH+ bridges and adapters are available on the market. RA distributors do not sell them nor will RA support them.

hi all
i have slc500 cat-1747-L541,, can some one help how i interface my rslinx with cpu and then upload programme from cpu,,
i am using serial cable for communication,, which driver i should select from rslinix confiqure drivers to interface and steps to follow as well,,

thanks in adavace for ur consideration