Lost comm w/ Phoenix Ethernet/IP Bus Coupler (IL EIP BK DI8 DO4 2TX-PAC)

phuz

I re-did a machine for a customer, which had Yaskawa MP2300Siec w/ 5-axis and Phoenix Contact Ethernet/IP I/O. According to the drawing and the PLC program, the bus coupler was 192.168.1.10. While the machine was being refurb'd, it sat powered off for about a month. I am now trying to set it up to communicate with Allen Bradley hardware, but I can't even ping the bus coupler. I wouldn't think that this would lose its memory after a month. I did load BOOTP but didn't see the bus coupler on there, so I don't believe it to have reverted to factory settings. I am afraid to perform a reset on it because I don't know what settings are stored in there.
This is my first time using Phoenix I/O. Any help appreciated.

You may already have the documentaion, but if not, go here:
https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/us?uri=pxc-oc-itemdetail:pid=2897758&library=usen&tab=1
Below the description are tabs with categories of info. Click the right arrow to reveal Downloads and find the manuals and Applications Notes. One of the tehcnotes is aimed at connecting to Compactlogix and has info about BootP.

The manual titled "um_en_il_eip_bk_di8_do4_2tx_pac_7538_en_03" appears to have information about using the reset button to default the configuration.

If you press the reset button during power up, the device should return to default IP settings and enable bootP.

Thanks, yup I have it.

I'm aware of the reset, but not sure I'm quite ready to do this. I'm concerned why, after a month, it would suddenly not respond on the IP it was originally set.