Logix5000-Converting CurrentValue to LocalDateTime

FordTruckMan

I am trying to determine a "projected completion date and time" for a batch process based on the process start time, and the total recipe time.

I am using logix 5000, v30.01 professional. Here is an example of the typical scenario: Customer starts batch at 11pm, runs for 26 hours and 35 minutes. During the batch, he wants to see the date and time the batch will complete on his PanelView. There are 4 batches that could be running per system, he wants to see which one will be ending next.

I got as far as using GSV CurrentValue of WallClockTime, and adding my recipe time(in microseconds) to that value, but I can't see to figure out how to convert that value back into a legible date and time. I have searched for epoch time conversions and haven't had any luck. Maybe I am not using the right terms? I am still a novice at this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check AB site. There are lot of AddOn instructions for date and time.

Edit: Or the sample code library on the site also could help you

Do you need an actual day and time, or would x number of hours/min. until completion suffice?

Bubba.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to find the process library on AB's site to download various AOIs. One of them is called T_ADD, and it will do the trick. It adds a given amount of time to a date/time value and outputs the resultant date/time value.