Connect L81 Controllogix processor to Factorytalk View SE Version 7.0?

lunenburger

We have Factorytalk View SE distributed project running version 7.
I am trying to connect a 1756-L81E processor to the project using RSLinx Enterprise.
I have installed the latest eds files on the Primary and Secondary servers and can see the processor in the device shortcut list and create the connection, but when i browse for tags the online folder does not show up.
I also tried creating an OPC topic in RSLinx, and again, I can see the processor and create the OPC topic, but there are no online tags to be found.

I am hoping not to have to upgrade to FactoryTalk View version 10, as this would mean upgrading operating systems on both servers to a minimum of Server 2012....

Anyone have any success connecting an L81 processor to Factorytalk View SE version 7.0?

It's most likely the installed version of FTSP and the Linx Enterprise one; not the FTVSE 7.

I'd update FTSP to V.2.90.00 and RSLE to V.5.90.00.

See attachment for 1756-L81E Firmware Rev.30, Studio5K V.30 and FTVSE V.7.0 compatibility.

So I am thinking the process to uninstall FTSP and RSLE would be to:
-Break redundancy, take the secondary server off the network
-uninstall RSLE and FTSP reinstall newer versions
-Make the secondary server the temporary factorytalk network directory (while still running the existing stand alone Factorytalk directory)
-Take one client computer at a time (we have thirty) and upgrade the RSLE and FTSP
-Point each upgraded Client to the new Secondary server as the directory
-Once all the clients are switched over to the upgraded secondary, Take the primary server down and the stand alone factorytalk Directory computer and upgrade FTSP and RSLE on them.
-Go around and change directory location on all the clients back to the original stand alone computer.
-Take the secondary server and point it at the original factorytalk directory
-Enable redundancy.....
Am I in the ball park or out in left field?????

...you're in the ballpark...None taken...:D...

Might as well update FTVSE to latest while at it...

7 was released in 2013; there were no L81Es five years ago...

They might have some Patches for it, however, I don't know if one could run them 'Hot'...

Or you could just pick tags from a fresh Offline copy of the Studio5K application until deciding if/when to step off the cliff...🔨

We've all been there when dealing with FactoryTalk...I think it's getting better, however, not quite where one might think it should be...

Thanks d your were exactly right...
I downloaded FTSP 2.9 from Rockwell website (it included Enterprise 5.9)
-unplugged the secondary server from the network uninstalled FTSP and RSLE
-installed FTSP file
-rebooted secondary server and plugged it back into the network and it picked up with no issues
-Did the same with the primary server and then the factorytalk directory
-I didn't have to disable redundancy or anything
and now i can see the online tags!!!
thanks for the help....

You do know you got lucky, don't you?...:D...

L8xs are significantly different than all previous 1756s hence the need of updating the data server (Linx Enterprise) and supporting services (FTSP).

Thanks to you, we know now how to approach this foreseeable issue...