Converting SLC 150 to MLX 1000, please help me on the wiring, I'm blur

flyers

Hi guys,

We've got a small project of converting an SLC 150 (1745-LP153) into MLX 1000 (1761-L32BWA).

Appreciate it if you guys can help me on the wiring and I'm not familiar with it.

The existing ladder program in SLC 150 I managed to get rung-by-rung from a handheld.

Referring to the attachment:

1) The SLC 150 has an output point labelled "11" (Over temperature increase confirm) & "111" (controller normal), from the User Manual, it's written as "Hard contact relay outputs, No arc suppression". This means I can wired them into MLX output point "0" & point "1" ?

2) The SLC 150 outputs "VDC1" & "VDC2" are connected to BCZ24 (N24 VDC), so my MLX 1000 "VAC/VDC" point will be connected to "N24 VDC" as well, right?

3) The SLC 150 output has "COM1" & "COM2", which is connected to "P24", but my MLX 1000 does not has this "COM". What should I do?

4) The SLC 150 input "COM" are connected to "P24", so the MLX 1000 "COM" should be the same, right?

Hope you guys can help me on this, thanks in advance.

Flyers assuming P24 -24 v positive connect to Vac/VDC in output side(sourcing output wiring) &
assuming n24 -24 v negative connect to Com in Input side(sinking input wiring)

rPraveenkum said:
Flyers assuming P24 -24 v positive connect to Vac/VDC in output side(sourcing output wiring) &
assuming n24 -24 v negative connect to Com in Input side(sinking input wiring)

Kumar,

You mean all my VAC/VDC of the Mlx 1000 for the Output side should be connected to the N24 (not P24 as in the pdf i attached)?

While all COM in the input side must be connected to the N24 (not P24 as shown in the pdf i attached)?

Is that what you are telling me? Thanks.

rPraveenkum said:
see micrologix Inputs/Outputs supports both sinking & sourcing wiring

see the manual more details

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1761-in001_-mu-p.pdf

Hi Kumar,

I'm sorry, I've forgotten to attach the "Existing SLC 150 wiring diagram" as reference.

Please comment, we are converting the SLC 150 to MLX 1000, so I'm trying to match the wiring so that less modification is required.

Thanks a lot.

Note: Please refer to attachment below for the "Existing SLC 150 wiring diagram".

Note: BCP24 on the right hand side is Positive 24VDC, BCZ24 on the left hand side means Negative 24VDC.

Note: Please refer to attachment below for the "Existing SLC 150 wiring diagram".

Note: BCP24 on the right hand side is Positive 24VDC, BCZ24 on the left hand side means Negative 24VDC.

As pre your note Inputs are sourcing & outputs are sinking

as per SLC 150 doc inputs are sinking

245.JPG

please clarify

rPraveenkum said:
As pre your note Inputs are sourcing & outputs are sinking

as per SLC 150 doc inputs are sinking

245.JPG

please clarify

OMG! I didn't notice it, thanks a lot, i'll clarify it.

Kumar, for the output side am I on the right way?

Thanks.

rPraveenkum said:
same condition for the output also see If inputs are sinking then as per wiring output should be sourcing

Kumar,

INPUT
I've check with the wiring that we copied from site during the last site visit, it's exactly according to the 'Existing SLC 150 wiring diagram', where ALL (Input & Output) COMS are connected to P24VDC.

OUTPUT
While for the output, the MLX 1000 does not have COM how can I connect the P24 to the MLX 1000?

Note: I taught MLX 1000 output are relay, relay also has sinking & sourcing?