Alarm Log - WinCC Flex 2008

JiNCs

I have two HMI’s; one an MP277 10” touch and the other an older MP270 10” key. I am trying to get the alarm log (history of alarms) to display using WinCC Flex 2008. No storage card so plugged in a flash drive.

Still no display. Under historical data for the MP277 I have ARCHIV-1 set as log file with path to USB device on HMI. Also have circular logging and Append to existing log. On the flash drive is a file ARCHIV_10.csv but it appears to be empty.

Seems the log is set up but I get no update. Ideas?

JiNCs

You should definitely use a flash card as the storage location for the archives.
Worn out internal flash --> busted panel !
//edit: I once forgot about setting up a system error log, and only got reminded when the panels internal flash had filled up. It seems that when a log is setup without a flash card inserted, the panel will revert to writing to the internal flash. Also there was something about that it was important to have a flash card inserted the first time the program runs, otherwise a registry entry on the panel may be set wrong. If that is right you may have to load a firmware to get back to normal.

I think that the archive storage location on the MP270 is "\Storage Card\Logs" = the CF slot.
And the archive storage location on the MP277 is "\Storage Card MMC\Logs" = an MMC card in the MMC/SD slot.
Dont think you can use a USB flash stick.

Last edited:
Thanks JeesperMP.

I tried selecting the MMC slot to see if there was an internal location. It didn't work either. Perhaps your thought on the module not being there and having to reload firmware is where I need to look. I looked at the slots and neither of them have anything.

I also verified this by going into control panel to do a backup. Got a message that there was no memory.

Will get memory for both and try reload of firmware. Not having the log does not stop operation and startup can proceed.

JiNCs
🍺

I have a correction:
Just found out that it IS possible to log to a USB flash stick.
The path then becomes "\Storage Card USB\".

The question is, what has been configured in the application ?

Having problems getting the alarms log (history of alarms) displayed. The two HMI’s; one an MP277 10” touch and the other an older MP270 10” key have no storage card (flash memory) in either. I plugged in a flash drive to the touch and changed the storage path to USB device.

Still no display. Under historical data for the MP277 (touch) I have ARCHIV-1 set as alarm log file with path to USB device on HMI. Also have circular logging and Append to existing log. On the flash drive is a file ARCHIV_10.csv but it appears to be empty. A screen is set to display the log with OBJECT_2 (Alarm View).

SEEMS the log is set up and its screen but I get no update. Alarms show on all screens in the pop up window alarm page. It can be acknowledged and cleared.

One last thing, this set up is one from a ProTools migration and I don't see how OBJECT_2 is set to display the log. Is it from its name alarm view. I don't see a function that says for example ShowAlarmLogFile that I can attach it to.o_O

Jincs,
Under Alarm Management in WinCC open up the settings tab and check if you have the alarm class assigned to the log. By default is not selected to log. i attached a screen shot for reference
Hope this helps 🤞🏻

WinCC Alarm Log.jpg

JeesperMP, TSAutomation;
Got it working and both of you were correct.

Needed to set the Error class to be logged under Alarm management/Error Classes but it didn't work with set for USB device as storage location.

Had to reload firmware and it worked. Didn't take any chances and reloaded with USB stick plugged into HMI. After verified working and unplugged stick, log listing went away. Understand that the HMI OS uses the flash to store the log.

Will get flash for both HMI's and set up properly.
Thanks much guys.