iFix - Demo Mode and IGS Driver

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Need help from iFix experts;

Got system from integrator that is till in crates. I'm trying to run the HMI on a temporary basis (take advantage of 2hr limit) so I installed iFix (5.1) from CDs we got during iFix training session. I got the archived project from vendor and restore it. When I clicked on IGS driver in SCU the following message came up:

"COULD NOT FIND THE CONIFGURATION FOR THE SELECTED I/O DRIVER"

I had the impression that IGS is installed by default..

Is that a separate install and where I can find it?

Will the 2 hour limit also apply to IGS?

What options should I select during project restore from archive?

Thanks for any assistance.

Re-install IGS its that simple

Remove and reinstall the IGS. The iFix app must be
installed first, then the IGS will attach it self to it when installed. Trust me, been doing iFix when it was fix for dos.

Remove and reinstall the IGS. The iFix app must be
installed first, then the IGS will attach it self to it when installed. Trust me, been doing iFix when it was fix for dos.

Expalin this.. Notes about the IGS driver.

Notes : This OPC Server requires a GE Intelligent Platforms Inc. key programmed for each installation,

I have had issues when restarting Ifix (i forget which version we have). If I shut down the IGS driver after stopping the application (right before demo/edit mode tines out), it would not reconnect to the database when I restarted (in either demo or run mode). This is only true on one of three very similar systems. The other two can be stopped and restarted without messing with drivers separately.

I don't recall ever trying to run in any mode without the license dongle attached.

Last edited:
I run iFix with 20,000 tags in demo mode with no issues
Again, IGS must be installed from scratch after the iFIx
project is already installed. Then you open the IGS driver
and make sure the path to the config file is set.

Thanks guys, IGS is working now. However, it seems IGS configuration isn't backed up with the rest of the iFix. I was looking for the opf file that IGS driver is looking for but didn't find any. Do I need to create IGS profile manually?

ETA: Got it working by manually adding in the Channel and device to match my PLC setup. Thanks all.

Last edited:
yes

igs limit the driver is the same in the ifix demo version that is no more than 2 hours, the difference is that returning to the igs have to restart the machine, and ifix not need just restart the program

yes

igs limit the driver is the same in the ifix demo version that is no more than 2 hours, the difference is that returning to the igs have to restart the machine, and ifix not need just restart the program

You don't necessarily need to restart the machine in order to get the IGS driver to work again, you simply need to restart the IGS service.

Start > Run > services.msc
Find "Industrial Gateway OPC Server 7.58 Runtime"
Restart service.

Hopefully this saves you some time in the future.