panelview plus 1000 with keypad. no config at boot

myke2480

Lifetime Supporting Member
im having trouble with a pv plus 1000 touch with keypad. cant access config screen. no white square, F1 doesnt work, left and right direction buttons dont work, USB keyboard ctrl-shift-alt-windows buttons dont work. i am just trying to upload .mer file.

See tech note 119811: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/119811

Supposedly there is a way to bring the white square back: https://theautomationblog.com/how-do-i-access-the-panelview-plus-configuration-menu/

Tech note says:

1. Connect a USB keyboard to the terminal. Without this, you will not be able to navigate through the PanelView Plus 6 boot menu screens.
  2. Press the small, recessed button labeled Default with a thin non-conductive probe. This will start the terminal in Maintenance mode.
  3. You will then get to the Maintenance Window
  4. Select (by using the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard) Special BOOT Action --> Safe Mode. This option will boot the terminal to the FactoryTalk View ME Station configuration screen

This is a quote from a previous post that helped me in a similar situation....

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=48497

The 'Default' button on the back of the HMI is what helped me some years back.

myke2480 said:
im having trouble with a pv plus 1000 touch with keypad. cant access config screen. no white square, F1 doesnt work, left and right direction buttons dont work, USB keyboard ctrl-shift-alt-windows buttons dont work. i am just trying to upload .mer file.

myke2480,

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Something the members have posted above might get you sorted, or has already gotten you sorted out. But for future reference, it is better to post up the full catalog number for the assembled PanelView Plus HMI terminal. This way we can be sure that what you are calling it is indeed correct and that the advice provided may be more specific to the actual model of terminal you are using.

JasonTheSparky,

On a similar note: as we do not know for certain which type of PanelView Plus 1000 is being used here (older PVP, newer PVP 6 or PVP 7?), we need to be careful with not confusing the situation. The info you've posted up contains references to...

Special BOOT Action --> Safe Mode

This is specific to the newer model terminal menus (PVP 6/7) and is not present in the older PanelView Plus 1000.
Also, the link in your post is for a PanelView Plus 6 model, which again is possibly not correct here, "if" an older model terminal is being used.

If the catalog number is provided we can then be more sure which advice to dispense. Granted, usually when I see just "panelview plus 1000" or similar in these threads, I do tend to think they mean the older models. But it is still better to be sure, isn't it?

Regards,
George

Last edited: