Reconfiguration of DF1 device has failed

Good Morning.
I bought a microLogix 14000 plc and can not communicate with it in serial. I am using a USB / 232 adapter. I made all the configurations in Rslinx, check COM ports, cable drive and everything is correct. but when I try to do the AUTO-CONFIGURE it sends the following faults
1-failed to find the baud and parity
2- check all cable and switch setting.
I also noticed that the FAULT LED on the plc is lit steadily.

can help? thank you.

Remark: I am using the original cables, exeto usb /RS232

Based on my experiences being a newbie, try this:
1. Reboot your PC and re-start RSLinx.
2. Check that your serial cable is not a null modem cable.
3. Check PC COM port settings for baud rate and maybe set it to 19200 if not already set.
4. Try a different USB-serial adaptor.

Skidood, they are good helpful hints but if its a solid light the processor is shot and they need to buy another....

If it's just a base unit MicroLogix 1400 and continuously power cycling it does not clear the solid red FAULT LED, then yes, it is most likely an unrecoverable hardware fault or an internal memory fault.

But additionally...

Is the correct supply voltage being applied? What is the catalog number for the base and what voltage is being supplied?

Are there any 1762 expansion I/O modules fitted? "If" so then remove any and power up again.

Note: when a MicroLogix controller indicates a solid red FAULT LED status, the controller is in shutdown mode to protect itself. This includes the communication ports. As such, no communications are possibly unless this status is resolved.

Regards,
George

Based on my experiences being a newbie, try this:
1. Reboot your PC and re-start RSLinx.
2. Check that your serial cable is not a null modem cable.
3. Check PC COM port settings for baud rate and maybe set it to 19200 if not already set.
4. Try a different USB-serial adaptor.

I tried all the above mentioned configurations and bought a new adapter, but without success!

If it's just a base unit MicroLogix 1400 and continuously power cycling it does not clear the solid red FAULT LED, then yes, it is most likely an unrecoverable hardware fault or an internal memory fault.

But additionally...

Is the correct supply voltage being applied? What is the catalog number for the base and what voltage is being supplied?

Are there any 1762 expansion I/O modules fitted? "If" so then remove any and power up again.

Note: when a MicroLogix controller indicates a solid red FAULT LED status, the controller is in shutdown mode to protect itself. This includes the communication ports. As such, no communications are possibly unless this status is resolved.

Regards,
George

I am using the 110vac supply voltage, which is indicated by the manufacturer.

I am not using I / O cards of espanor.

I've never used this plc, since when I first called it it gets the solid red led. I noticed that the display flashes flashing, do you think it could be a hardware problem?

display flashes flashing

Can you explain exactly what you mean ?

The solid red FAULT LED indicates an unrecoverable hardware failure. If cycling power does not clear it, then the controller must be replaced.

The LCD display should display status information. If it is flickering or flashing, then that is another indication that the controller must be replaced.

Here's a good look at how the controller appears in normal operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C2nxBAy94

The LCD display should display status information. If it is flickering or flashing, then that is another indication that the controller must be replaced.

Had a customer a couple months ago that was supplying 24vdc to a L32BWA and it was flashing...

geniusintraining said:
Had a customer a couple months ago that was supplying 24vdc to a L32BWA and it was flashing...

Márcio Santos said:
I am using the 110vac supply voltage, which is indicated by the manufacturer...

That's why I asked for the catalog number. It's usually better if "we", the more experienced Forum members, determine if the supply voltage being used is correct, or not. You probably are correct but "we" cannot be 100% sure until you provide us the catalog number.

If the supply does turn out to be OK, then it could be the power supply board is gone.

If the unit is faulty beyond repair, and you did purchase it from a reputable AB Supplier, then you should be able to return it for a replacement.

G.

Can you explain exactly what you mean ?

The solid red FAULT LED indicates an unrecoverable hardware failure. If cycling power does not clear it, then the controller must be replaced.

Here's a good look at how the controller appears in normal operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C2nxBAy94

Hi.
I asked my wife to record this video to better illustrate my problem. Sorry for the grammar, we are not fluent in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf6KlxO8FbI

Thank you for the video.

MicroLogix 1400: 1766-L32BWA - 100-240V AC @ 47-63 Hz.

If you are happy that you are using the correct voltage, and the supply is connected to the correct terminals on the controller, then yes, it looks like the controller has a hardware error. I would contact the supplier and ask for a replacement.

Also, tell your Wife to be careful! When handling these controllers the plastic finger guards over the terminal connections can pop open quite easily. Especially if you are holding the controller by those finger guards! I wouldn't want anyone to be checking the voltage by actually touching it!

Just in case/por si acaso...

Gracias por enviar el video.

MicroLogix 1400: 1766-L32BWA - 100-240V AC @ 47-63 Hz.

Si está contento de que está utilizando el voltaje correcto, y el suministro está conectado a los terminales correctos en el controlador, entonces sí, parece que el controlador tiene un error de hardware. Me gustaría contactar con el proveedor y pedir un reemplazo.

También, dígale a su Esposa que tenga cuidado! Al manipular estos controladores, los protectores de los dedos de plástico sobre las conexiones del terminal pueden abrirse con bastante facilidad. Especialmente si usted está sosteniendo el regulador por esos protectores del dedo. No quiero que nadie Compruebe el voltaje en realidad tocarlo!

Saludos,
Jorge