AB Kinetix 6000 2094-BM02-S E62 error

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
Let me start with, I know nothing about Kinetix 6000 or Sercos.

We have a machine that we've bought that we're trying to refurbish to sell on - we're a used industrial machinery merchant.

This machine has three Kinetix 6000 servo drives which seem to be connected to the CompactLogix PLC via Sercos - there are cables looping in and out of the tops of the drives to the Sercos interface module.

The middle of the three drives has an E62 error which google tells me means "loss of auxiliary feedback". The aux feedback cable is in place and seems to be connected - we're going to check continuity next. Perhaps tellingly, there is another identical cable still in place but disconnected at each end, as if the previous owners swapped out the cable and it didn't cure the problem.

I can't see anything that looks like a programming port on the Kinetix. Is all configuration and programming of the drive done via Logix5000 over the Sercos interface? Is there a reset procedure for this E62 error, perhaps?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

My boss misled me. We were confusing the aux feedback with the motor feedback. We found the auxiliary feedback cable unplugged, plugging it in got rid of the E62 fault. So now we're working our way through other issues. I'd still be interested to learn how the Kinetix 6000 config & programming is carried out though.