Unity Pro V13 downgrade to V12

John Marston

Hello all, I have a good one I need some help on. I have version 13 of Unity Pro but my customer is wanting version 12. I only have access to v13. Is there a way to downgrade to 12? say when I download to the CPUs?

I don't have my Unity laptop with me right now, but I believe that there is an option in the "Save as" dialog box that will let you pick what version you want it saved as. I think it will go all the way back to V8.0.

You can select on file open dialog (stu or sta file) to which unity version you want to convert original file.

So you need first open file on newer v13 and on file open select v12 (or older v11.1) version for downgrade, then rebuild project and save to archive format (*.sta).

You also maybe need select firmware version to lower on hardware config so that file open won't go to file converting error from sta-file.
(If you have newer firmware selected on v13 version than v12 installation supports/knows)

Client needs then donwload v12 version to CPU, otherwise online connection isn't possible because project build version isn't same anymore on PC than on CPU.

Depending of project settings of old project all data is lost or maintained on CPU at download

Last edited: