PLC for Motion Control Bosch Rexroth

Niveek

Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, and I'm doing internship right now. I need to make an universal denester, filler and lidder.
Right now I'm designing the denester and to actually denest the containers I need 2 motors who will operate synchronously. (I'll be using a screw to denest the containers)

They don't have high specifications but do have strong restrictions for the size I can use. That's why I noticed some compact servomotors from Bosch Rexroth: [FONT=&quot]MSM031C-...-..-M0-M.0 (http://www.boschrexroth.com/dcc/Vor...net&VHist=g97568,g96068,g98567&PageID=p201894)[/FONT]
I'm new to the world of motion control and therefor don't really know what to visualize.

I did some research and found out that a classic servo motion control system consists of: [HMI -] (Ethernet to) control unit - Drive - motor(with encoder for closed loop).
Now as I said before: I need 2 motors who will operate synchronously. All I can come up with is that one will need to be the master and one will need to be the slave.
The total control of the machine will be by using a PLC (Siemens), which brings me to my question:

Can I make a motion control with 2 servomotors (who will have to have the same angle and speed at all time) with a PLC as control unit? Or would it be wiser to invest in the control modules that Bosch Rexroth offers on their website? https://www.boschrexroth.com/en/gb/products/product-groups/index

Last edited:
Archie,
If I click the link you provided, I can see a motor with "One Cable Technology (OCT)"
I believe this means I am obliged to use a motor with this technology?

Also: the IO rack you mentioned, is this what I would call the drive? Or am I missing something? (As I see it, the motor is not connected to an IO rack, but directly to a drive who is connected to a control module and the mains)