Wonderware Development LIC Cost

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have a ball park figure for the Wonderware development license? No the yearly consignment terms.. I'm looking for a total cost to purchase it out right? 15k? 30k?

I'm still waiting on quote from Wonderware but growing impatient.

Of course, in the early days, when WonderWare was still owned by WonderWare, you could upgrade a license to the newest version for a couple of hundred bucks, but that's no longer the case. If you purchase a license now, you're basically stuck with that version forever. I think they still offer a tiny discount on an "upgrade", but it's a fairly insignificant discount.

Wonderware upgrade costs....now 60% of license cost.

If you plan on doing a lot of Wonderware...then get a "Customer First" support contract.
A "Development" Consignment License comes as part of contract, and I pay about $2500 a year (slightly more if you want more than 1 "Development" license). BUT you get all the upgrades and you do not have to pay additional for IO server, when you buy the "Runtime" license.
PLUS your license allows you development access to almost ALL Wonderware software applications, not just Intouch.
You cannot run a consignment development as "Runtime" except for testing.

Last edited: