Connect to Mitsubishi PLC over Internet

Big_Robo

Hi all,

Trying to find the best way to connect to a PLC over the internet, I'm in England....PLC is in Ireland and need remote access. How does one go about this and it is an old PLC programmed in GX Developer if that makes a difference.

Thank You

You could look into the **** product line. I have several in the field and they work great. Is your Mitsubishi PLC Ethernet equipped? I am guessing no, especially if it is an old PLC. I have an FX series PLC connected to the **** using RS-422 so serial communication can be done as well.

edit.... I guess I can't say e_W_o_n?

Last edited:
You could look into the **** product line. I have several in the field and they work great. Is your Mitsubishi PLC Ethernet equipped? I am guessing no, especially if it is an old PLC. I have an FX series PLC connected to the **** using RS-422 so serial communication can be done as well.

I'm guessing the *** is E W O N ?

I do this by getting my customer to connect their laptop with GXDeveloper running, to the PLC then use Teamviewer to log in with the supplied password, this is good for the occasional troubleshoot, maybe this would be an answer?

Steve

First, you should clarify if you want to connect to a remote PC with GX Developer installed and with access to the PLC, or you want to connect to the PLC directly.

Also, you have not explained what PLC model is and which type of communication port it uses.

Hi all, thank you for the responses. I do believe it has Ethernet comms which makes it a little easier. We have been asked by the equipment owner that he doesn't want the software on site as he doesn't trust his employees.

I will have a look at suggestions thank you all.