NEW feature... PLCS.net "on the road"

Tool Bar Scroller is Great!!

Thanks for the tool, Phil, I really like it. Some great code.
The site is also great. It has helped me a lot. I had been out of working with PLCs for a few years and was a little rusty when I had to get back into again. Now I am even more excited about PLCs and what they can do.
I was also interested in seeing what some of the users here have done using PLCs in a home environment. Anyone got any ideas? Use it as a burgler alarm? Environment control? Any other ideas?
Thanks!

:) Thank you very much,Phil!I'm a Chinese and not good at English.When I browse this site,I usually open my electronic dictionary. Even so I really like this site cause it gives me so much help.I hope you can stick out and we will always support you!

Hi Phil,

I just noticed that once I turn off my PC and turn it on again, this toolbar you mentioned was disappear. Is there any other method to keep this "on" even I turn on and off my PC? If not, It means I have to do what you say everytimes I am going to open my PC...

thanks

As everyone else has already said.. GREAT Feature, GREAT Forums, GREAT Site!

I have a question though :) .. The ticker works great in "dual-bar" mode as you called it, but is there a way to make it work in "tri-bar" mode? :)

It's not terribly important, I rarely have it at 3 "bars" height, but when I do, it's only displaying two "bars" worth of information as it scrolls..

-Dave

ss.jpg

Dave: that's not phils fault (u should know he's a Philnomenon ;) ... try MS for ratio on toolbars :)

Phil: needless to say that this is the best site ... and the only one with this feature. You've really prooven yourself. :site:

ACF said:
Dave: that's not phils fault (u should know he's a Philnomenon ;) ... try MS for ratio on toolbars :)]

Dave,
Somehow I missed your post. Sorry for that. Unfortunately, the way it is programmed it is only a certain number of 'pixels' tall. (I forgot exactly how many ...) So, if I change it to make it taller it will mess up the single scroll people. Sorry for the inconvenience and extremely delayed reply...

Phil: needless to say that this is the best site ... and the only one with this feature. You've really prooven yourself. :site:
gee thanks :oops: Glad you're enjoying it and hopefully you'll invite a plc friend (or 2 or 3...) to join our plc community.

Enjoy,

AM,

Your request should probably have been submitted as a new topic rather than a reply here, but anyhow:

Allen Bradley has several families of control processors:

PLC
SLC
ControlLogix
MicroLogix

Within these families, are several "revisions". PLC-5 is one of those. SLC 500 is one of those.

Within each "revision" are several "styles" (various memory and/or communication options).

In the PLC family, the PLC 5/40 is perfectly valid.
In the SLC family, the SLC 5/04 is perfectly valid.

You can get a lot of helpful information from the AB product directory.

http://www.ab.com/products.html

See the section on Programmable Controllers - particularly the PLC-5 system and the SLC/1746 system.

Hope that helps,

Marc

Last edited: