1746 IO module for thermistor

idowulawrence

We are upgrading an old relay-based PCS with SLC 5/04. RTDs and thermistors are used for temperature sensing at different points. I know that 1746-NR8 is usable for RTD but I am not sure if this same module will work for thermistor. Any help from someone?

No it will not. You can read the resistance and create your own curve or look up table. But this may not give you the accuracies you want.

You might consider converting it to a 4-20ma signal with a third party transmitter.

Or replace them with RTD's.

Last edited:
you need to connect thermistors to temprature transmitter(thierd party device which converts ohms into the voltage or current souce and then you can wire that source to the analogue module.).
Naag.

Similar Topics

Hello, We have an older SLC500 controlled system that is using a BASIC module to communicate to a third party device. Looking into converting the...
Replies
Views
I have been unable to make my stepper motor move. I was hoping for an example on rs500 that I could maybe look at. Or maybe some advanced help...
Replies
Views
I have two output cards sitting next to each other in a rack: 1746-OW16 1746-OW16 (Octal) output 13 in the first card triggers a solenoid. When...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am upgrading a AB PLc to Siemens PLC logic and everything is ready for siemens but the problem is the existing PLC is communicating to DCS...
Replies
Views
I'll admit that in all these years I have only encountered M0/M1 files one other time, and it was used to communicate with Eurodrives. In a SLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom