Output Module 1769-OF8C Configuration

Thank you for creating the new thread and posting the detailed screenshots.

I think the problem is a combination of the "Raw/Proportional" data format and the Clamp Value.

In "Raw/Proportional" mode, the module uses a 16-bit Signed Integer as the data value and it uses most of the signed range of the 16-bit Integer:

-29,822 = 4 mA
+29,085 = 20 mA

Because you have a default Clamp value of 1, the output ends up roughly halfway between 4 and 20 mA, which is about 12 mA.

This effect is described in RA Knowledgebase Document ID # 46010, "1769 Analog Output is always 12 mA" (Access Level: TechConnect).

The simple fix is to put values of -29822 and +29085 in the Low and High limit fields.

I personally prefer to keep my engineering units as close to physical volts or milliamperes as possible, so if it were my system I would set it up for "Engineering Units".

When the channel is set for "Engineering Units":

4,000 = 4 mA
20,000 = 20 mA

OK. thanks for answered

i did that configuration with the same result, apart of that configuration, do i need an aditional parameter configuration.

Explain exactly what you mean by "that configuration".

You must change the Clamp High and Low values to correspond with the Data Format you choose.

Leaving the High and Low Clamp values at 1 and 0 will not work for any Data Format.

If you choose Engineering Units, make the High Clamp = 20,000 and the Low Clamp = 4,000.

Also: CompactLogix analog modules need to get a power cycle or a reconfiguration command before they will accept a reconfiguration.

I recommend downloading your program and cycling power to the controller.