S7 Technology Config software questions

CDale1989

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the above software:

1. Does anyone have a simple method for converting the data type LREAL (used in this case for the encoder total offset value) to and INT or similar? When using the read parameter function i get 2xDWORD

2. I am trying to use the 'Save and Restore Variables' function. When doing so, i can save the variables ok. The variables are saved to .xml files within separate folders for each axis. When tying to restore the variables i am asked to choose a 'file' rather than a folder as described in the help documents (see below). I can only choose a file, when choosing one of the individual .xml files belonging to a single axis i get multiple errors relating to the fact that the function cannot find the variables for all of the other axes and the function fails.

Requirements:

The variable are saved using the Save variables function.

The project is loaded in the target system.

The technology CPU is in STOP mode.

S7T Config is in online mode

How to restore variables:

Select the technology in the project navigator window of S7T Config.

Select the Restore variables function from the shortcut menu.

In the Restore variables dialog, select the required settings and click OK.

In the dialog that follows, select the folder in which backup files are stored.

Note
Do not select the folder which contains the designation Technology, but instead the folder one level above this, otherwise the restore process will not function properly.

Confirm the window that follows with OK.
The variables are restored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris