GE Fanuc serie 5 PLC - upload ladder

deedle

I am working on a GE FANUC series 5 PLC. The batteries went dead. They are replaced now, but no program or ladder is in PLC now. I found a cd with the ladder on it, but don't know how to load into PLC. The machine has a PC attached and C:\ got to "Logic Master 5" software. Under display program-scratch pad- no program was there. What now??

You will first need to read the program from the CD into your PC's memory and then write it to the PLC. Once you launch Logicmaster Five, go to the Load/Store/Verify menu. The program file will have a .LAD file extension.

I have Logicmaster Five software on an old DOS computer. If you need someone to walk you through the steps, I'll be in the office tomorrow. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you my telephone number. I'm in the Eastern time zone.

You should seriously consider replacing that Series Five with something newer. Replacement parts for it can be hard to find and will be expensive.

Hey I am not trying to make a sales pitch but I do have some Series 5 stuff back at the shop. It was retrofit in a plant because of it's age. I was given all the parts from the stock room for PLC. So if you need any parts I may be able to help you out.

Today was very good. With Steve's "Good and Fast" help, got ladder loaded. Nice job Steve, and many thanks. Still have issues with both output modules off. I suspect the PLC might have an output disable function - due to all data lost from CPU and memory module. Could this be? What else would keep the outputs from coming on?