Delta PID controller DTA4848 c0 output signal problems

vinoddeswal

hi friends,

i' m new to plc world and i was connecting a k type thermocouple to PID to get 4-20 mA output to connect it with plc analog card.but after connected i was getting values of signal output when i have achieved the set value e.g 500 deg celsius then it should show 20 mA and when temp is lower than that 500 deg then it should show lesser than 20 mA but its not varying linearly.can anyone help me out of this mess....????thankyou in advance.....
PID input is K-type thermocouple output in mV and i have used a Delta PID of current output(4-20mA)to get it connected with Omron CJ1M cpu11 plc.Please Reply its very urgent my mail id is [email protected]

Last edited:
Hello, it looks like you are using a standard 48x48 controller! Just remember that the controller does not need any voltage on the 4-20ma line. Just take the two wire directly to the PLC and you should be ok.

If that does not work let me know...

Cheers,

Brett

thanks for ur reply

Thanks for ur kind reply brett, but it is very late and that time i have changed that PID with Temperature Transmitter and that is directly giving me 4-20ma linear o/p as per my requirements.
Thanks again:):):):):):).....can i have ur mail id for further help..mine is [email protected]

It is possible that you tried to use the 4-20mA output as the control output. That would adapt, via PID, to various levels. If you programmed the output as a "retransmission", then it should be a linear representation of the range of the instrument. But it sounds like you are ok now, via different hardware.