Leroy Somer DMV 2322 DC drive field loss fault

ndbyrd

I have a Leroy Somer DMV 2322 DC Drive that gives a field loss fault. The drive is installed as the main drive on a printing press. The fault occurs when a fast stop is presses on the machine. To my knowledge this has never happened during a normal stop, but I can not persuade the operators to use the normal stop.

The sudden stop is probably coupling some kind of disturbance into the field circuit causing the field loss fault to occur. Often, there is a programmable time delay for tripping on field loss and I would suggest setting it a bit longer to avoid the fault.

the emergency stop is with a contactor switching of the motor,so the field will lose its power.

solve it by stopping time make it very short.
this way the press will stop faster as with the emergency stop.
probably the operator has easier access to the emrgency stop button (on the machine) as on the normal stop button.
so give him a normal stop or two with a cable attached, so he can put the button anywhere he likes.

The sudden stop is probably coupling some kind of disturbance into the field circuit causing the field loss fault to occur. Often, there is a programmable time delay for tripping on field loss and I would suggest setting it a bit longer to avoid the fault.

Personally, the last place I'd use a timer is in a field loss circuit.

Generally, I would agree with you, JDBrandt. But we're talking maybe a max of two seconds here, just enough time to cover a transient and not enough to permit a runaway armature. And then, only to use it for those few cases where high dynamics might generate transients and faults. Otherwise, not a good idea, as you imply.

Back
Top Bottom