PVPlus 1000 reboots when PLC goes to run mode

phuz

Looks like I'm experiencing a lot of "firsts" this week. Here's another:
Loaded a program into a PVPlus 1000 (F/W 8) and PLC program into a L36ERM (F/W 30). PVPlus boots up, shows values, etc., but when going into RUN mode, the PVPlus reboots and gets stuck in a boot loop.

Have you bought any small adorable pets from a curio shop in Chinatown lately ? Maybe ones with very specific feeding instructions ?

Be sure that the PanelView isn't in the I/O tree of the controller project. That can cause some weird problems, though I've never heard of this specific problem.

More importantly, check the supply voltage and be sure the something you have connected to outputs that get energized at startup is not dropping the +24V too low and causing a reboot on brownout.

LOL, not in controller tree.

But we'll check voltage.

Update:
Installed F/W 9 in the PV and it's staying alive now. I don't like it.