Need help with programming

eFisher0409

Hello,
I’m currently working on a project using a unitronics samba plc,
I need to create a program with a touchscreen start and stop button, that spins a motor forward for X amount of time, then changes direction for X amount of seconds, direction can’t be changed by button as I need to be able to be away and let program run for multiple hours. Please someone help.
Thanks

Nothing yet

Well have a crack mate, and come back with some screenshots of what you've tried.

This is a very simple state machine.

When started by pushbutton, set forward state using either a bit or an integer value, whatever you prefer.

Use a timer that is energised when in forward state.

When forward state timer finishes, set reverse state.

Use another timer which is energised when in reverse state.

When that timer finishes, return to forward state.

I prefer using an integer register and moving values into it for keeping track of my state. Then i don't need to remember to set / reset bits.

Well have a crack mate, and come back with some screenshots of what you've tried.

This is a very simple state machine.

When started by pushbutton, set forward state using either a bit or an integer value, whatever you prefer.

Use a timer that is energised when in forward state.

When forward state timer finishes, set reverse state.

Use another timer which is energised when in reverse state.

When that timer finishes, return to forward state.

I prefer using an integer register and moving values into it for keeping track of my state. Then i don't need to remember to set / reset bits.

You should ask how much points will his/her professor gives you :)

Saffa, in your method you are reversing a motor while it is at full speed in the opposite direction.
Please allow the op to show some effort.
We don't do homework for free - we help.

So I did what you said and I got a program that works, Im using leds at the moment, and I have one lit for 5 seconds, then the next one comes on for 5 seconds then shuts off like it should. Everytime i try to implement another timer before they switch my second led is constantly lit, can someone help me with this middle timer? And also how could I make it run continuously switching between the leds or in the motor case forward and backwards?

Saffa, in your method you are reversing a motor while it is at full speed in the opposite direction.
Please allow the op to show some effort.
We don't do homework for free - we help.

I certainly didn't write any code. Just a pointer in the right direction.

I do this with some wastewater pumps on VSD for blockage removal. Obviously the drive handles the ramp from forward to reverse, and of course you'd add an intermediate delay if you were using a reversing DOL starter.. But first things first!

A long time ago for my first job freshly out of school. i had to test and update an old machine. My supervisor ask me to check if it has an interlock between forward and reverse....Me: ok i will check it (Like a student would do in a test lab) I pushed forward button then i added the reverse one...No boss, there is no interlock built in the machine, we would need to add it+ new fuses and maybe.... new contactors.....

Hello

Is it not possible to use a MI that you increase ( like mentioned by Saffa) and use the bitset instruction to set the correct output?

I once Made a programm with samba for controlling 5 valves on a dustfilter. These valves have to be opened an closed after each other. Then you could make this with two timers ( pause and run timer) that the operator can set on the samba touch screen.

But most important is that you first know exactly what the programm should do.

Kind regards
Henny

Hello

Is it not possible to use a MI that you increase ( like mentioned by Saffa) and use the bitset instruction to set the correct output?

I once Made a programm with samba for controlling 5 valves on a dustfilter. These valves have to be opened an closed after each other. Then you could make this with two timers ( pause and run timer) that the operator can set on the samba touch screen.

But most important is that you first know exactly what the programm should do.

Kind regards
Henny