DH+ Fault when Online Editing...Help

JoseM

I have this SLC 5/04 processor that keeps faulting out the DH+ communication. It seems to happen when I'm doing online editing and I'm trying to assemble the edits.

Does anyone has an idea of what could be causing this behavior?

Last edited:
Well, I first saw this in 1998 and had (and might still have) an open case with AB on this. This was never solved at my previous employer. They even sent several top notch global techs to look at it and they didn't have a solution. The only solution was to change the 5/04 to a 5/05 and get rid of the DH+ network >>>>>>>>>> OR >>>>>>>> only do edits serially.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=10666&highlight=dh

I do believe it has something to do with a PC on the network doing some data collection (I think via a DDE topic). Never did prove it though.

I believe this problem started happenig after I added a "Remote MSG" instruction on the processor in question. What do you guys thing? Could this be causing something funky at the controllogix gateway where all the DHRIO are connected.

I do have an iFix (SCADA) project pulling data from the controllogix PLC.

What is the "Autobrowse" actually doing that causes this problem.

It uses resources to continuously browse the network, which is not necessary after it first makes the connection.

Try it, you can always put the check mark back if it does not help.

I have two DHRIO modules on the CLX rack. One of them has 12 nodes connected to it and the other one has 11 nodes.

How can I tell at what speed are they communicating?

I have this SLC 5/04 processor that keeps faulting out the DH+ communication. It seems to happen when I'm doing online editing and I'm trying to assemble the edits.

Does anyone has an idea of what could be causing this behavior?

I have seen a Minor Error Cause this on the SLC5/04. Try putting this attached Rung as the last Rung in File 2. If this stops the Processor from Faulting, use the Bits shown to track down your Minor Error. You will have to pick a free N7 Address if N7:60 is in use on your PLC. Hope that helps.

Stu....

Minor_Trap.JPG

His SLC is faulting? CLR all minor errors?
Or is his DH+ network LED going RED, or what?

Is the SLC faulting, during assembly of online Edits? Or, are you just losing communication to it? Describe what happens next, start with the LEDs on the CPU and/or DH+ cards.

A SLC can easily watchdog timeout with heavy and scattered online editing in already ugly code...been there, adjusted that setting a few times...

Last edited:
The processor is not faulting out. The DH+ network LED goes RED and it drops me from being online when I'm trying to assemble online edits.

Last edited: