Micrologix 1200 PLC

teeboonee

I am doing a PF correction and am using a micrologix 1200. I am trying to find the difference between 2 counts from my high speed counter. Is there anywhere that the data from my counter might have been saved or is there another way to find the difference between the two counts?

In the left hand pane of Logix 500, under Controller open Function Files and select the HSC tab. Select and expand (+) to see all of the items associated with the HSC.

Go to the literature library at ab.com and download the manual for your ML1200, if you are using HSCs you'll need to have that info handy.

TC101813.jpg

In the left hand pane of Logix 500, under Controller open Function Files and select the HSC tab. Select and expand (+) to see all of the items associated with the HSC.

Go to the literature library at ab.com and download the manual for your ML1200, if you are using HSCs you'll need to have that info handy.
Thank you, but will that show to time between one count to the next?

The high speed counter on these is simply that. It does not record a time stamp for you to see the difference in time. In fact, there is no native RTC on this processor (you have to buy the RTC module addon). And I don't believe it will resolve time to anything significant enough to calculate power factor. In theory, you could use the interrupt function of the HSC and grab the time from the RTC but once again, not sure if this is sufficient for anything high speed.