unable to open panelbuilder32 file

bakerboy

B
good afternoon everyone..
my company recently received a new robotic weld cell.
i have been making alot of improvents to the plc program and now
it is time to update the panelview to reflect those changes.

when i try to upload the file everything goes ok.
but when panelbuilder32 tries to open the file i get the following
error message... unable to load file. not a panelbuilder32 file or file is corrupt or disk space is low.

i have also tried using WINpft file transfer utility which is successful also. i get a copy of the program in .pva format.
but same error message is displayed when i try to open it.

the original programmer had version 3.80 and i have 3.70
could that be the problem?...
it is a panelview 550.
i use my version on all the other panelview's in my factory with no problem.

any suggestions?
thanks mark

Try this

This happed to me once before and I can remember the solution but try changing the PVA extension to PBA. It sounds silly but in the cobwebs in my brain I think this may be the fix.

Give it a shot, it can't hurt.

Marc

Update

Same effect, different method.

After completing an Upload from a PanelView and saving the PVA file in the Select File for Upload dialogue box
by clicking the Save button (NOTE: The file type box explicitly states *.PVA), the PanelBuilder software should
display a Windows (Application Upload Progress) Message Box stating "Uploaded PanelView Application File:"
along with the path where the file was saved.

Immediately click the File menu item, then click the Open sub-menu item, and from the Open dialogue
box navigate to the PVA file which was just saved to disk, and change the "Files of type" window from
"PanelBuilder32 (*.PBA) to "PanelView Terminal (*.PVA), click and select the desired PVA file, then click the
Open button.

Once the PVA Terminal application has been imported into PanelBuilder, and before starting any edits,
click the File menu item. Click the "Save As..." sub-menu item. From the Save As dialogue box, change
the "Save as type" window from "PanelView Terminal (*.PVA) to "PanelView32 (*.PBA). This will properly
save the file as a PBA file.

Following the procedure above will give two distinct files of different sizes, properly designated/classified.

yup tried that... did not work.
i cannot open the .pva file at all even just to save as .pba

is there anyone out there with panelbuilder32 that could try to open it for me and then sent it back in .pba form?

thanks
mark

Try this option during download

Try a new upload after changing the settings under /tools/options/

and select the panelbuilder option.

maybe this will work.

Marc

screenshot.jpg

hi

If your application has been produced with v3.8 and you are using v3.7 you will be able to upload it but when you try to open it using v3.7 the error message you have will appear. THE only solution I have found to it is to upgrade to v3.8.

By the way, i learnt this the hard way, onsite and miles from the office, luckly i had v3.8 in my cd pack with me!!!

regards

kevin

i sent you a private message marc
i tried to post the file but it will not allow that type to be posted
if i can get it to you anouther way it would be appriciated
thanks
mark

Response

I responded to your private message.

I think you need to zip the file before you can post it here, also it has to be under a certain size.

marc

i got your file but i am still unable to open it.

i guess i will need to upgrade my version of panelbuilder32

that sucks.. allen bradley found anouther way to get money from me!!

hello

I had a same problem brfore few weeks ago with PV 1000.
It worked only when I upgrade my PB to 3.81.
It took me all day to find that.
It look like PB is not support previous version.

I just saw the exact same thing yesterday.

In my case it was caused by the fact that the file was created with panelbuilder 3.82 (which now mostly works with winXP). I was running PB 3.81.

I would upgrade so that you can read the latest and greatest files.