TIA Portal V14 Slice access

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

It is the first project I am doing in TIA Portal V14 and I came across this strange thing.

When I use slice access (.%X0) Step 7 cannot monitor its status when I go online (see attached). I never came across this with any of the previous versions of TIA portal. Can anyone check if that is the case?

1.jpg

Here's mine:

Untitled.png

Not sure if it makes a difference, but what are the details? Is it an FB or FC? What OB is it called out of? Are those ins or in Outs? What update level is v14 at? What Plc and what FW?

From the screenshot I guess grnick50s variables are inside a struct or udt. Maybe this makes a difference.
Also interesting are the datablocks settings (optimized access), and type of CPU (1200, 1500).

I've got V14 installed, but currently not Plc to run a test on.

I am using the slice access to variables placed in a UDT & a Struct in a DB. I don't remember that being an issue in V13. I installed V14 in Windows 10 and then I thought that it might be that V14 is not yet compatible with Win10. The other issue is that PLCsim for S7-1200 does not work in Win10. So I installed V14 at a Win7 VM. The issue of the slice access monitoring still remains though.

Further investigating this problem, I come to realize that it only happens for FBs. Janner_10 it seems that you checked it with an FC as well. Can you please test it with an FB and post a screenshot. Thanks.

Test.png

I guess it is a bug.

This is the reply from Siemens support:
"For further examinations we have involved our development department We will keep you informed about the progress of our analyses."