Upgrade GEM 80 Processors

Calistodwt

The processors on our GEM 80 plc's are apparently obsolete but the I/O analogue and digital cards are still current. So the plan is to upgrade the processors only from GEM 80-163 to GEM 80-510 and keep the existing I/O cards. We will have to have the ladder logic program converted to give the same functionality as our plant operation will not be changed. Does anyone know if there are any incompatibility issue involved here, or are there any conversion programming tools around to help, or will the conversion be straight forward ? The I/O is a mixture of analogue and digital signals with the analogues being involved with a number of internal calculation functions. The plc's are used on our steam turbine operated generators and perform machine protection and controlling functions