S7-1500 reinitialization of data blocks & tag tables

For initial values during commissioning you can set them from a opc server in demo mode as long as you use non optimised blocks? Perhaps easier to keep tag value lists saved there?

To me it sounds as if you have a relatively large project, with 10 CPUs, there are lots of analog i/o, and on some CPUs there are 2-3 programmers working simultanously.
Working several people on the same project is always an added complexity.
The way you describe it, it is clear that you are developing the program "concurrently", i.e. you a doing it on a running system. Now that adds yet more complexity.
I can imagine that you are running into cost overruns if all of this is because you are behind schedule. You must be behind schedule, because you will only the problem with initialising datablocks when you change declarations. And you mostly change declarations when you are at the beginning of coding.
It is easy to give good advice in hindsight, but I always simulate the hell out of my projects so that the program is 90-95% finished when I get to the commisioning stage.
Developing concurrently is a nightmare challenge.
If I were in your shoes I would get the multiuser option to TIA. It costs 600 € per license. That is absolutely nothing relative to a big project, and if it can cut just 10% of your time, then it will have paid off already.

Last edited:
I agree with you. We need multiuser.
Problem with such huge project is that nothing goes as planned, and this is first project this size for company in TIA Portal.
This project will also set standard for later projects in TIA Portal for my company.

We're doing testing now, but we also fix errors all the time, since you can't really expect everything before us has been done 100% correctly.

They told us multiuser didn't really work in TIA v13, but I read it has been fixed in v14, I hope so.

They told us multiuser didn't really work in TIA v13, but I read it has been fixed in v14, I hope so.

Multi-user didn't exist at all in V13. It was introduced in V14, but it was missing a lot of features. V15 introduces most of the obvious stuff that was missing; when I tested it for a couple minutes it seemed like it might be useful now.