CCW Micro 820 Greater Than function

dginbuffalo

Hello- struggling with multiple issues on the Micro 820.

#1) Can't flash without getting error. Have a flashing fault light but do not know how to clear it or if that's why I can't flash.

#2)Trying to use a Greater Than compare block comparing timer.et against 0 to see if the timer has started counting. When a build, it flags the zero as being wrong. Says it needs a timing variable or a constant. Can't I just type a number in to I2? If i type both I1 and I2 as numbers, it builds no problem. ANy ideas?

Thanks.

I am no expert, but the help file says the "Greater Than" is not recommended for TIME values. So if you should use it anyway - both input have to be the same "DATA TYPE". This means you might need to convert one of the inputs so that both are the same DATA TYPE.

Good Luck.

I am no expert, but the help file says the "Greater Than" is not recommended for TIME values. So if you should use it anyway - both input have to be the same "DATA TYPE". This means you might need to convert one of the inputs so that both are the same DATA TYPE.

Good Luck.

Wow- my reviews of this thing are getting lower and lower. I guess after I know all the rules but this is the 2nd time I've been duped. This was going to be a fix since you cannot use a timer.IN bit as acontact in another rung. I had a bunch of code already wrote that was using the .IN bit as a timer timing bit.

Still can't clear the flashing fault light so I can run Controlflash. The manual says clear the fault or switch to program mode. I do not see directions to do either...

Last edited:
Just an Idea, Post some of your code and maybe some other's will be able to help.

At the very least, create a one or two rung simple contact - coil program, compile and then download to PLC - at that point it will ask if you want to clear the fault(answer yes) and continue.

I use CCW 9 and the Micro820 alot, and I am stilling find some of it's limitation, work-arounds, Etc.. But I do have to say I enjoy working with both.

Just an Idea, Post some of your code and maybe some other's will be able to help.

At the very least, create a one or two rung simple contact - coil program, compile and then download to PLC - at that point it will ask if you want to clear the fault(answer yes) and continue.

I use CCW 9 and the Micro820 alot, and I am stilling find some of it's limitation, work-arounds, Etc.. But I do have to say I enjoy working with both.

I can work around the code issues. The problem is, I have CCW 9.0 and the firmware is 8.0. On download, it says firmware mismatch, run Controlflash. Controlflash crashes and says the processor is in the wrong mode??? I guess this means faulted since there shouldn't be a program in it. I don't know if there's a way to put these in program mode??

Export the program "Not the Project" create a new project with a micro820 version 8 firmware. Now import program into new project.

You should now have your current program/project ready to download into a micro820 version 8 unit. When you start the download it will ask to clear fault(answer yes)

You might also need to download/install/reinstall your controlflash program. I have had to reinstall mine once before.

Export the program "Not the Project" create a new project with a micro820 version 8 firmware. Now import program into new project.

You should now have your current program/project ready to download into a micro820 version 8 unit. When you start the download it will ask to clear fault(answer yes)

You might also need to download/install/reinstall your controlflash program. I have had to reinstall mine once before.

Thanks for hanging in there with me on a Saturday morning :)

I am actually lucky and remembered I had a remote display on this job. I wired it up and cleared the fault. I also set the IP as static. Can I upgrade firmware via ethernet now that i made the IP static? I could use the USB pass through also but it's taking forever so far to load the drivers!

Another unanswered question-- I am displaying a variable on the LCD screen. It is a real and should read 3000. It shows 3.0000000E +3

Can't I just get this to show 3000.0?

Yes you can upgrade the firmware with ethernet.

Heres a couple of things.

You can use the "TRUNC" function to truncate the number.

It almost looks like you might be using the "any to string" function, if this is so - you will have to go about other means of getting the "Real" into a decimal.

I'm not sure this is exactly correct (you may need other input on this) but

convert to "DINT" then multiply by 100 then divide by 100.(ask the forum about converting to decimal) they will know.

Hang in there sounds like it's going to work.