Allen Bradley SLC500 with Schneider HMI

norman oliver

Lifetime Supporting Member
I propose to replace an old pc with the latest HMI from Schneider running Vijeo designer. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that I can use RS500 s/w to connect with the SLC? (For laptop serial connection to SLC, I have an AB1747-CP3 cable). To then connect the HMI to the SLC might be a bit trickier though, has anyone done this before? Is there any special format to be adopted when writing the PLC tags in the Vijeo designer?
I'd be grateful for any help.

I propose to replace an old pc with the latest HMI from Schneider running Vijeo designer. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that I can use RS500 s/w to connect with the SLC? (For laptop serial connection to SLC, I have an AB1747-CP3 cable). To then connect the HMI to the SLC might be a bit trickier though, has anyone done this before? Is there any special format to be adopted when writing the PLC tags in the Vijeo designer?
I'd be grateful for any help.

I use Magelis and Vijeo but not AB kit but just checked and there is drivers for:

AB DF1 Full Duplex
AB DH485
AB Eth/IP Explicit
AB Eth/IP Native
AB Eth/IP

Should be no issues ?

Thanks for a speedy reply. If there are drivers then that's half the battle! It's the connecting cable between PLC and HMI that concerns me. I can make one up once I get some idea of the pin-outs. I'm still looking into this.

Thanks for a speedy reply. If there are drivers then that's half the battle! It's the connecting cable between PLC and HMI that concerns me. I can make one up once I get some idea of the pin-outs. I'm still looking into this.

If you go in the IO Manager in Vijeo and select new driver, change the drop down to Rockwell Automation then hit the help button you can select the driver type you want and it lists the Magelis models then gives all the connector options with cable diagrams in the help files.