AB Micro 820 re-connecting

B777

Hi All, I'm trying without luck to reconnect to an AB Micro 820 I have recently downloaded a project to. Controller was new out of the box and i was able to see it/download via AB_ETHIP without having to manually assign IP.

After download it asked to save Ethernet settings and i haven't been able to see it via Linx since. I have tried the manual IP in the ranges 169.254 and 192.168 (controller IP setting via offline project) with no luck.

Anyone ever had anything like this before? PC OS is Windows 8. Thanks

Couple things....

1) When it fails the first time, click retry, this will open a new RSLinx and it will show your active nodes... not sure why but I have to do this a lot

2) Check your settings of the program you downloaded... if you had IP set to static or allowing the router to set the IP, either way RSLinks should find the node if its on the same subnet also make sure you are using your landline and not wireless as it may have a different IP setting