Troubleshooting Omron

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I've got an issue with a timer not being reset and it has me baffled.
I cut and pasted, from a working program, a section of code for resetting the back light on a NB5Q-TW01B HMI
With reference to the attached picture.

Rung 11 - bit W32.00 comes on when T21 has timed out (not shown). When the operator activates Scroll_NB, the RST_Backlight flag comes on and latches through NC T23.
Rung 12 - RST_Backlight activates T23, a 1 second timer.
Rung 13 - When T23 times out then it should reset RST_Backlight and T21.

Except it doesn't, RST_Backlight goes off but T21 does not get reset if the Scroll_NB input is less than 1 second.
If I keep Scroll_NB on for longer than 1 second then the coding works as it should. As I said this code is working on several previous machines, and while the rest of this program, for control, is different. The HMI coding is the same.
Any suggestions

Code.PNG

It looks like the T21 and not T23 on rung 13 keep the timer 21 sealed. Make the branch for T21 and not T23 between the Var_Dn and NB_Scroll contacts. This will then reset the timer and everything should function.
Note:
Timer 23 would have to time out. (1second) before timer 21 will reset in the current circuit.
Regards,

Thanks for the quick response Garry.
In rung 11 when, Scroll_NB is on and W32.00 is on then RST_Backlight should latch through the NC T23. Then with RST_backlight latched, T23 does time out for 1 second (Rung 12). After timing out it resets RST_Backlight but not T21. T21 is timed out as it starts this coding.
I am not doubting your reply Garry, and will try your suggestion tomorrow, getting ready to leave. It just irking me that it works in other programs but not in this one.
How can T23 time out and reset RST_Backlight but not T21??

It appears that T23 will only be on for one scan. If the first line of rung 13 is true during that scan then T21 will remain on.

It appears that T23 will only be on for one scan. If the first line of rung 13 is true during that scan then T21 will remain on.

Correct, as we all know there are X number of ways to program to achieve the same solution. The fix in this case was to move the T23 reset contact as shown, like Garry mentioned. The frustrating part is why the previous code worked in other programs.
Oh the fun of being a programmer (y)

Thanks for the input guys.

Code.PNG