I am really trying to understand this PLC progrm stuff

Greg7683

I have been reading manuals and beginner stuff. Ours is Mitsubishi like how do you know how far to space it all out how would you know when to come off the bottom of a line or what letters and numbers to use. there's a lot I don't understand lol but5 I am trying.
Untitled.jpg

like how do you know how far to space it all out how would you know when to come off the bottom of a line or what letters and numbers to use....

If you do something wrong Works will give you a pop up and say its in the wrong place a lot of the time, the best thing to do is look at how someone else wrote a program and why they did things then start on your own

Are troubleshooting or developing for an existing PLC or learning?
If the latter then you are learning on the wrong PLC otherwise keep working at it, it will makes "sense" sort of soon enough.

I am trying to understand it not sure how I can write one if I don't understand it other then the NO and NC switches.The programs we have here I just look at it because I don't know what all the numbers and letters mean.

Like with some of our robots they are really unsafe they will take off when they are not supposed to and they tend to run off track and some times smash into the gate and bust threw and hang off the track half on the track and half off the track. And I would really like to add stuff to it.

Watch the video's... and you will get it

The first rung is a MOVe and moving a (K) Constant of a value 1 to the register D8176 when your register M8038 is true, what are the other ones you are having issues with?

Greg > or what letters and numbers to use.

Well,
You do have the manuals, right?
Rung 0 of your program has 'MOV K1 D817'
Go to the manual. Look up the instruction 'MOV' and see what it does
and what the manual says about how to use it.

MOV is a 'move command'. It moves K1 into D8176 . . . What is a 'K1'?

'K' is supposed to be a decimal constant.
"Used to specify the following; timer counter set value, pointer
number, interruption pointer number, number of digits of bit
device, and basic/application instruction values." (From a manual.)

And 'D' is supposed to be a Data Register.
"Memory that stores data in the programmable controller"

OK. So this MOV instruction is taking the value stored in K1 and shoving it into
memory storage location D8176. This much is easy. Finding K1 and what is
in it . . and where is D8176 accessed for what purpose is more difficult.

Line by line, find what the pieces are in the manual and what they do.
Then figuring out the why comes easier.
Poet.

Greg > or what letters and numbers to use.

Well,
You do have the manuals, right?
Rung 0 of your program has 'MOV K1 D817'
Go to the manual. Look up the instruction 'MOV' and see what it does
and what the manual says about how to use it.

MOV is a 'move command'. It moves K1 into D8176 . . . What is a 'K1'?

'K' is supposed to be a decimal constant.
"Used to specify the following; timer counter set value, pointer
number, interruption pointer number, number of digits of bit
device, and basic/application instruction values." (From a manual.)

And 'D' is supposed to be a Data Register.
"Memory that stores data in the programmable controller"

OK. So this MOV instruction is taking the value stored in K1 and shoving it into
memory storage location D8176. This much is easy. Finding K1 and what is
in it . . and where is D8176 accessed for what purpose is more difficult.

Line by line, find what the pieces are in the manual and what they do.
Then figuring out the why comes easier.
Poet.
Nothing in English only in Chinese or something.

K0 -> 0 decimal number

(H10 -> hex 10)

M8083 -> http://www.automationsystemsandcont...SER'S MANUAL - Data Communication Edition.pdf

TO instruction writes into module buffer memory, look at your PLC what module is first (because its addressed as 0) at the right side (except of IO), then search for its manual...

also mitsu manuals are online, and if you have their manual viewer instaled just press F1 when instruction is selected