PLC PROGRAMMING AND HMI CONFIGURATION CHARGE AMOUNT FOR 50 I/Os PROJECT

IdealDan

Hi guys,

Please I need a rough estimate or idea rather (in USD)

For a PLC Programming and HMI screen design/configuration contract Project of 50 I/Os,
HOW MUCH WILL BE AVERAGE CHARGE FOR THE PROGRAMMING (separate) AND HMI (separate).

INFORMATION:
This is Oil and Gas sector.
Please ignore Project continent Location. Assume an average estimation please.

Thanks in Advance

Please ignore Project continent Location.

How can you?

In USA or Malaysia and if USA it would depend on where TX does not charge the same as ND, I dont think you can just come up with a number without a lot of questions answered

You should look at it in 'time' then apply your cost per dollar to the 'time', here are a couple of threads that may help you consider the time

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4272
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=86678

There are many others

30 min per DI/DO and 1 hour for AI/AO.

So if all 50 IO is discreat digital.. 25 hours for the PLC and 25 hours for the HMI.

Use your cost per hour.

Usually not far off for me. Although you may want to factor in for documentation, commissioning, etc...

Thanks Bro.
Could you please suggest an average hourly pay (May be using your location as reference)?

Regards

I don't know how it would help him either, I'm sure pay and charges differ wildly between Europe and the US.

Surely he knows how much his company charges?

Thanks Bro.
Could you please suggest an average hourly pay (May be using your location as reference)?

Search Bro... :rolleyes:

Did you even click on the links I put up? a lot of people posted their hourly rates but its too wide of a range

How can you?

In USA or Malaysia and if USA it would depend on where TX does not charge the same as ND, I dont think you can just come up with a number without a lot of questions answered

You should look at it in 'time' then apply your cost per dollar to the 'time', here are a couple of threads that may help you consider the time

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4272
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=86678

There are many others
Sorry Bro, Oversight here.
I didn't see this.

Thanks

One thing you MUST consider !

the hours quoted are from members who have been doing programming for years. They don't have a learning curve.

we don't know your application.
we don't have a scope of work or sequence of events.
we don't know your programming software, interface, or hmi.
we don't know your programming experience and capabilities.

I don't mean to be rude or mean, but you must look at the process, scope of supply and sequence of events, safeties and plc interface to other systems, manual controls, documentation required, commissioning, prove out, and your own capabilities and come up with your own time estimate.

if you quote 50 hrs based on what we tell you and it takes you 60, that's ok, you were close. but if it takes you 200 hrs for example, then that's another matter and I don't know how to over come it because you went by what we would quote based on none of the information I have listed. if we had all the information, our time may have gone up to 200 hours.

as I said, look at all the information and come up with a time frame that you are comfortable with.

james

Other factors that have a big impact on price: some mfg firms have PLC & HMI template that have to be used/followed (GM & Ford for instance) and have plant communications that have to supported. Or safety PLCs must be used. These customer requirements can't be accounted for just by the quantity of I/O. Know your customer and their expectations.