RSLogix 5000 CONCAT instruction question

blmccallum

Is the CONCAT instruction executed synchronously or asynchronously? I need to build one long string from several small strings. I know the software will allow me to do it, but can I put multiple CONCAT instructions on one rung without causing problems? I'm just wondering if the instructions will overlap and characters will get jumbled up in the final resulting string.

No problems. That is how I build my time/date strings and other various message strings. COPy the starting string to the destination, and then CONCAT the other fields, often mixed up with conditionals and DTOS instructions.

Ex:

Code:
XIC SYS_One_Second_OS BST DTOS PLC_Time[1] PLC_DateTime_Str CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Slash PLC_DateTime_Str NXB DTOS PLC_Time[2] Temp_String CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str Temp_String PLC_DateTime_Str CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Slash PLC_DateTime_Str NXB DTOS PLC_Time[0] Temp_String CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str Temp_String PLC_DateTime_Str CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Space PLC_DateTime_Str NXB LES PLC_Time[3] 10 CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Zero PLC_DateTime_Str NXB DTOS PLC_Time[3] Temp_String CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str Temp_String PLC_DateTime_Str CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Colon PLC_DateTime_Str NXB LES PLC_Time[4] 10 CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Zero PLC_DateTime_Str NXB DTOS PLC_Time[4] Temp_String CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str Temp_String PLC_DateTime_Str CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Colon PLC_DateTime_Str NXB LES PLC_Time[5] 10 CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str STR_Zero PLC_DateTime_Str NXB DTOS PLC_Time[5] Temp_String CONCAT PLC_DateTime_Str Temp_String PLC_DateTime_Str BND
Is the CONCAT instruction executed synchronously or asynchronously? I need to build one long string from several small strings. I know the software will allow me to do it, but can I put multiple CONCAT instructions on one rung without causing problems? I'm just wondering if the instructions will overlap and characters will get jumbled up in the final resulting string.