OIBuilder is a truly amazing HMI software

BachPhi

It's probaly better than AdvancedHMI.
OIBuilder is an HMI software by AutomationIG. The software can run on Window or Linux . It is truly an amazing piece of HMI software. It is very simple to use and have only and 3 tiny files.

Run the executable and it will produce only one project file with extension .oi.

See a screen shot below
http://s1.postimg.org/azd91uczz/OIBuilder.png

The only kicker with the OIBuilder is it need to be run on their hardware which run a version of linux, busybox from AutomationIG. This will run telnet, ftp, SSH, portforwarding, VPN, VNC, Database, etc.…
I would think that it should run on any linux box, but I do not know how to set it up..

It's probaly better than AdvancedHMI.
OIBuilder is an HMI software by AutomationIG. The software can run on Window or Linux . It is truly an amazing piece of HMI software. It is very simple to use and have only and 3 tiny files.

Run the executable and it will produce only one project file with extension .oi.

See a screen shot below
http://s1.postimg.org/azd91uczz/OIBuilder.png

The only kicker with the OIBuilder is it need to be run on their hardware which run a version of linux, busybox from AutomationIG. This will run telnet, ftp, SSH, portforwarding, VPN, VNC, Database, etc.…
I would think that it should run on any linux box, but I do not know how to set it up..

Are you affiliated with the company that makes this product?

Had a quick look at the downloads and there is no source code available for the firmware, so it can't be used on any HMI except one that perfectly matches theirs. Not a surprise that there isn't any source code. So, though I like the idea of being able to program the system in a Windows or Linux environment, it isn't open like Advanced HMI.

You might think that because the HMI is using Linux, that you could use it on any machine that runs Linux, but you can't. The Linux, busybox and the firmware has to be compiled to match the architecture of the device on which it is running. It is called cross-compiling because you use one machine to compile programs for another that has a different architecture.

I haven't downloaded the software that you use to create the HMI program to see what functions are available, but it can't be 'better' than Advanced HMI because it isn't open source.

how many jobs have you done with this BachPhi
can you post some really good screen shots

Do us all a favour BachPhi.
Don't waste our time with this rubbish

It is obvious you had a vested interest.
Now you don't.

Iant, Honestly, I didnot have any interest with this co. I was using it at the time, I was impressed with it , it was tiny, no installation, when comparing with the hassle of installing the FactoryView. I did agree with Byran that its biggest limitation is not open source

I know this thread is old, but I am bring it back.
At the time, there were a lot of A-in-hole members( sorry for my French) here thought that I was doing sale pitch for the company. Well , I did not. I do not know why the establishments here seemed to feel that they know it all. Up to this point, I still feel it is an amazing piece of software.

The reason I am bring back the thread, because of the advance of the raspberry pi, I thought I could revisit it, but a the download links are now no longer avail. Oh well.

Archie's AdvancedHMI is not quite open source either, its driver & controls are closed source.
Since OIBuilder is running on Busybox, does that technically should make their software open source?

BachPhi,

Your claim that you have no affiliation with OI builder is undermined by your continued comparison of it to Advanced HMI. when you say your favorite brand is good, that can be interpreted as unsolicited testimony. When you say your favorite brand is better than some other brand it begins to sound like advertising.
Speaking as a moderator, you're skating on thin ice here.