Schneider Electric License Manager- Wonderware System Platform 2017

Shrey

Need your Advice.

Scenario: I have got two SCADA computers at different locations which are having independent working plants at each site (But are part of the same domain). Both of them have individual licenses running on each computer.

Computer A is having a development license running on it.
Computer B has got other licenses running on it but doesn't have a development license.

I need to do some modification on computer B but can't do it as it doesn't have a development license.

So my question is, can I point computer B to acquire just the development license from computer A?

I had read that I can add a redundant server on computer B and give the address of computer A on it. But for that, the prerequisites are that no licenses should be active on that.

Is there any other way to do it?

If you have a valid runtime licence on both Comp A and Comp B, then use these to run the systems, and have the development licence as a portable between the 2, then you are only using it on one PC.

I need to edit only a few things, that shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
So I was wondering if I can somehow do it without swapping the licenses on the computers.

And yes do have Runtime licenses on both the computers.

Also, I had read somewhere that you can share a license between computers on the same network/domain by reserving and un-reserving it as per the need. So I wanted to try that way but don't know the exact steps to it. (Create a floating license between computers on the same network)

What is the possible solution for this? Please share the step-by-step procedure if possible.

Thanks

Because of how the licensing works with Intouch 2017, Did you try to initialize the development key in the other computer, to see if it will allow 2 locations? I have had hit and miss here...
If both computers have access to the Internet, then just moving the development should be an easier path.
Maybe call Aveva tech support?

All products on the machine have to look at the same license server. If the system is large enough to warrant it, I do the redundant license servers on two separate VMs from the galaxy and view / application nodes.

But for a smaller system like yours, it is easier to just deactivate the development license on machine A, and hit Sync.

Then go to machine B and hit Sync, then add licence. Its probably already listed in the entitlement if the licences were originally purchased together. Otherwise you need to import the licence file that has the development entitlement before you add the licence to machine Bs licence list.

Are you running two separate galaxies? That seems an odd approach. Normally you'd have one galaxy and do all your development and editing on that for a smaller system like this.

These are recycled water plants at multiple locations and they have individual licenses at each place. And all these sites are part of the same network.

The site (with computer B) was commissioned last year is fully functional since then but lately, we have found that one of the buttons on one of the mimic pages on SCADA was getting disabled when it shouldn't be! And as the site was already commissioned it has got runtime license and the historian license running but not development.

Whereas the site (with computer A) is still in the commissioning phase and hence we have just the development license there.

So for the time being I will remove the dev license from site A and put it in site B computer.

But for a longer run, I need to learn how to create a single license server between all the sites and make all sites point to that server. Please share your thoughts on how can I do it
Thanks