OT Musk and the truck

GaryS,

There was a design being studied a few years ago that the roadway would emit a wireless radiation that any vehicle equipped like cell phones now could charge by driving or parked over it.

But, I bet that falls into the "If we can't meter it we won't do it" thought Tesla was told long ago.

GaryS,

There was a design being studied a few years ago that the roadway would emit a wireless radiation that any vehicle equipped like cell phones now could charge by driving or parked over it.

But, I bet that falls into the "If we can't meter it we won't do it" thought Tesla was told long ago.

Why can't you meter it? The cars already have tracking and if it has a current draw and you are over it. Charge your account.

OR maybe put RFID on the car and when its charging it reads your car.

I got my new insurance cards today.

Liability coverage for the 2-year-old Tesla is 30% less than for the 22-year-old Toyota, despite the Model 3 being far faster and driving far more miles.

Both have anti-lock brakes and airbags and new tires and primary drivers with perfect safety records.

The difference is the Tesla Autopilot.

Actuaries at Safeco are not in the business of hype.