Slc-5/04 io

fixall

Hello All
I have a SLC-5/04 that is controlled by an old Panelview 1400e communicating DH+. I have setup a 1761-NET-ENI ethernet adapter connected to the RS232 port configured DF1 Full duplex. I am able to make changes to program the SLC-5/04 Via ethernet. I am setting up Wonderware HMI to take the place of the Panelview 1400e using OI-ABCIP server. I have the F8, N10, B3, Timers and counter all working in the HMI. My problem is when looking to see a digital input or output I only see False even though it is True. Example I:1/2 is on but HMI show no change in status and when looking into SMC Archestra system managment cosole the input is not changing states, just stays false. I have never had this problem before, but this is the first SLC-5/04 setup for panelview. The other I have is a SLC-5/03 using same type ethernet device and a panelview plus
and it works fine in Wonderware. Hope not too long winded.

Last edited:
Hello All
I have a SLC-5/04 that is controlled by an old Panelview 1400e communicating DH+. I have setup a 1761-NET-ENI ethernet adapter connected to the RS232 port configured DF1 Full duplex. I am able to make changes to program the SLC-5/04 Via ethernet. I am setting up Wonderware HMI to take the place of the Panelview 1400e using OI-ABCIP server. I have the F8, N10, B3, Timers and counter all working in the HMI. My problem is when looking to see a digital input or output I only see False even though it is True. Example I:1/2 is on but HMI show no change in status and when looking into SMC Archestra system managment cosole the input is not changing states, just stays false. I have never had this problem before, but this is the first SLC-5/04 setup for panelview. The other I have is a SLC-5/03 using same type ethernet device and a panelview plus
and it works fine in Wonderware. Hope not too long winded.

SLC 5/04 versus 5/03 I/O input structure - I'm not aware of any differences.

If Wonderware can read one, it should read the other.

If you are in a time crunch, you may be able to work around it by copying the inputs to a register, and have wonderware read the register instead.

Your description is not too long-winded! More info on your problem = better solutions from our members

Except that I just had a work-around, not a solution ;)

Welcome to the forum.

with the new Archestra software, you cannot directly read the I/o or write directly to the outputs. copy the inputs to a bit file, say B13. write the outputs in the logic to another bit file, say B24.

it should then work. that's what we do at work.
if I am incorrect, please correct me.
james

Thanks, that is what I started doing so I could get the project done. I will check with Wonderware to see if they are going to fix this issue since only effects the SLC-500 they may not care.

this also applies to plc5 and logix 5000 also.
this is probably due to the possibility of the software setting the output on and bypassing the plc logic. plc software will allow you to find the issue, you cannot do this in wonderware without going through every screen and conditional statement.

james

I have the answere. SLC-500 the processor occupies slot 0, this makes the first card slot 1 and address's would be for a 16 input card Rockwell identifies it as I:1/0-I:1/16. Wonderware see's it as I:0/0-I:0/16. In short deduct 1 from the slot number of the card and you will have an address for Wonderware.
Rockwell WW Address
I:1/0 I:0/0
I:1/1 I:0/1
I:1/2 I:0/2
I:1/3 I:0/3
I:1/4 I:0/4
I:1/5 I:0/5
I:1/6 I:0/6
I:1/7 I:0/7

I have the answere. SLC-500 the processor occupies slot 0, this makes the first card slot 1 and address's would be for a 16 input card Rockwell identifies it as I:1/0-I:1/16. Wonderware see's it as I:0/0-I:0/16. In short deduct 1 from the slot number of the card and you will have an address for Wonderware.
Rockwell WW Address
I:1/0 I:0/0
I:1/1 I:0/1
I:1/2 I:0/2
I:1/3 I:0/3
I:1/4 I:0/4
I:1/5 I:0/5
I:1/6 I:0/6
I:1/7 I:0/7

Oh my, that confusion should be avoided at all cost! Move to a binary address(or integer) and be done with it.

fixall,
This not only has confusion, it also creates issues for the maintenance workers and next wonderware programmer! the guy looking at the wonderware screen will tell the maintenance guy the wrong address and that in itself is a big issue. he tells the maintenance guy to remove the wire to O:6/13 to stop a motor from starting, the guy goes to that output but it's wrong.
the best course of action is to copy the I/o to integer files and
document what was done in the plc. wonderware will agree with the I/o in the plc.
james