OT : A "Lockdown" Puzzle

Yes you can, I have a spreadsheet open with it calculating the length of the tunnel for any other of the three parameters.

But we still need to know what breed the cat is!

And, is it walking towards the front of the train and causing more resistance as the Earth rotates, or to the back actually pushing it along?

Edit: Actually if the train is travelling exactly North or South the rotation of the Earth would not be a factor.

Dang, I had a source stating that a mile is 2400 strides, but now I find another saying it is 2241 strides.

I suppose it depends on whether you are your way to work, or on your way to a bar ...

Yes you can, I have a spreadsheet open with it calculating the length of the tunnel for any other of the three parameters.

It was a joke about imperial units not being a unit...

:confused:

3 minutes is only SI-conforming measure in your post...

Last edited:
It was a joke about imperial units not being a unit......

If NASA doesn't concern itself with converting metric to US for its Mars probes and other things (0.3 meters per second to 0.3 feet per second equates to over 3 times faster, or 1000 gallons of fuel but only put in 1000 liters so it runs out) then conversions must not be that important - the train is still moving, unless a NASA probe falls on it.

Schrödinger's New Cat:

If a cat gets on an AMTRACK (USA) train when is it considered dead? As soon as it gets on, when the train crashes or when the train was supposed to arrive somewhere?