Allen Bradley - (16#0013) The motion group is not in the synchronized state

JoseNuwanda

I am programming with Logix Designer Studio 5000 v. 30 and I have created a Motion Group with one Virtual Axis. When I want to send any Direct Command to that exis, don't work. Its appears the message "Motion Direct Commands - My_Virtual_Axe1:12, Execution Error.MSF, (16#0013) The motion group is not in the synchronized state".

NOTE: I am online with a Emulate CPU (Studio 5000 Logix Emulate)

Would you help me?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The "Emulate 5000" controller does not support some features of the true controller systems, including safety, external messaging, and motion control (even of virtual axes).

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The "Emulate 5000" controller does not support some features of the true controller systems, including safety, external messaging, and motion control (even of virtual axes).
This is where we have Rockwell beat by a wide margin. We make a big deal about "test at your desk".

You can go into the field with the project almost done.

Nothing you show in either of those videos (not sure how the second one applies) contradicts what Ken said. Just because you can emulate a virtual axis and programatically control it in in Emulate DOES NOT necessarily mean you can perform Motion Direct commands on those axes. While there might not be a great reason behind why you can't, it doesn't change the fact that the environment doesn't allow the user to do it.

Keith

I didn't realize that Emulate 5000 could do *anything* with virtual axes, so this is instructive to me. I don't use Emulate 5000 because I tend to need to test things that depend on real hardware and real physical systems.

If you follow the series link from that first video to the second in the series, you'll see that the narrator explicitly illustrates (around 1:10) that MSO and MSF instructions will result in an error message from the Motion Direct window for a Virtual Axis in Emulate 5000.

But the error that tutorial shows is "the axis data type is incorrect for that operation", not "the motion group is not in the synchronized state".

So there's probably still something wrong with Jose's time sync or motion group configuration, and he should focus his troubleshooting there.