RSNetworx cannot identify 1756-DNB Devicenet Scanner

hack_attack

Help!
I'm using RSNetworx to configure a devicenet network - 1756-DNB scanner in Contrologix 5550 processor/ rack with two other polled devices.

When I create a new network, go online and upload info from the devices, I cannot get RSNetworx to correctly identify the 1756-DNB scanner to access the scan list and other properties- I always get the message "This device has not been registered in the system".

I follow the RSNetowrx eds wizard to register a new device, choose 'download eds', it finds a eds from Rockwell, and finishes the process, however it never 'registers' the device to an eds file so I can access the scanlist, etc.

The 1756-DNB is version 3.5. RSNetworx is version 3.21, it has an eds file for 1756-DNB major rev 3. I'm using RSLinx Classic 2.54.

I have no problem working with the other two third party devices

I've checked the AB website and there is not an eds file for the exact version 1756-DNB I have.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Call tech support, I just had the same issue with a 1747-SDN scanner.

I have a version 9 scanner module, their eds site only had up to version 8 available for download. Tech support pointed me to a KB document for version 9. I used the chat session on this one, worked really well.

All you *should* need is the EDS file for a Major Revision 3 scanner.

But I'm not sure if your version of RSNetworx is supportable; RA wouldn't test a ten-year-old version of RSNetworx to see if it runs properly with an EDS file that's registered by a two-year-old version of RSLinx.

Let's check one thing to make sure that you registered the EDS file correctly. Did you see the EDS Wizard connecting over the Internet, or "uploading" from the module to create an EDS Stub ?

You might want to un-register the EDS for this scannerm reboot, then manually register the EDS files for the 3.6 and 3.7 versions of the 1756-DNB from the main download server.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/eds/

Ken- I used the eds wizard to remove all 1756-dnb entries I could find, rebooted the computer, now when I open RSNetworx, in the Hardware section I still have an entry for 1756-DNB Scanner and it has a 'globe' icon, not an icon representing what the module roughly looks like when you install other eds files- What does the 'glode' icon mean??