Determine how much memory a program/routine is using?

markus506

HI everyone,

I am progressing 'reasonably' well in my first project, using a 1769-L24QB1B processor. I have found that I am using about 65% of the PLC's data/tag memory. Is there a way to find a breakdown of each routine/program to see which ones are using how much? Coming from an embedded world, I was able to do this, and my curiosity is piqued, since I don't think i have *that* large of a PLC program.

Thanks

-Mark

If you look at the properties for a a ladder routine it will tell you how many rungs it has.
You might be able to get memory size using a GSV on the routine.

I checked tech support site and according to them there is no way to see the memory of each routine.

Only way I can think of is delete them one at a time and see how much memory you get back.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll have a look into that. Being an embedded guy, most of my logic routines are in structured text state machines, since that's what I'm familiar with.