You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread April 12th, 2018, 06:26 AM   #16
technolog
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadelta View Post
Do you have Simatic NET software installed?
Thanks for the further replies.

No Simatic NET software, that I can see. I've got a call in to Siemens, so hopefully they'll be able to resolve it soon.
Unread April 12th, 2018, 08:20 AM   #17
sigmadelta
Canada

To check, you can go to Help -> About in Simatic Manager, and click the "Display" button for "Installed Software". Post a screenshot of the list here, it might help.
System Upgrades & Conversions
------------------------
Visit: contrologica.com
Email: info@contrologica.com
Unread April 12th, 2018, 08:36 AM   #18
technolog
United States

Here's the list; thanks for taking the time.
Attached Images
File Type: png Software.png (48.7 KB, 68 views)
Unread April 12th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #19
sigmadelta
Canada

Is there an object "PG/PC" in your project? It would be at the top-level of the project. If you double-click it, you would get a dialog like the attached picture. Click "Disconnect" if there are any MPI or Profibus connections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PG_PC_Assignment.jpg (55.2 KB, 68 views)
System Upgrades & Conversions
------------------------
Visit: contrologica.com
Email: info@contrologica.com
Unread April 12th, 2018, 06:53 PM   #20
technolog
United States

Siemens managed to talk us through getting online with Simatic Manager.

On the 840D, there are two rows of LEDs. Of the left-hand row, just the top one was on, solid green (+5V, I think). Of the right-hand row, the top green one was on solid (PR), the next one was solid red (PS), the next one was flashing red (PF), the next one was on solid amber (PFO) and the bottom LED was also on solid amber (-). The 7-segment display was showing 6.

The Siemens' technician had me turn rotary switch S4 from position 0 to 3, then press the Reset button. This didn't seem to do anything, so then he had me turn S4 from 3 to 2, back to 3, then back to 2 before pressing the Reset button again. Again, it didn't seem to do anything, so then he had me turn rotary switch S3 from 0 to 1 before pressing the Reset button again. I'm not entirely sure that I've remembered the exact sequence but it was certainly something similar. We ended up with the two top LEDs on (5V & PR) and I was able to get online immediately.

We're still not out of the woods though, as he informed me that we need to find some archive files that should be stored on the machine's B&R industrial PC and carry out a restore procedure that reinstates the PLC & NC software. We're hoping to enlist the help of the machine manufacturer in this step.
Unread June 19th, 2019, 11:01 AM   #21
mister x
Canada

Digging this one up again. Same problem with the MPI address too high error, and wrong comm set as <active>. I somehow have Profibus/USB/local adapter all showing <active> and no success getting them cleared. Although when I try to go online with a configured MPI (Auto option fails diagnostic BTW), I see activity (couple long on/off cycles on MPI adapter). But then kicks back error. Using 187.5, 2 for node address of PLC.

I'm working with an older 318-2 DP that has two comm option, of which I've been trying the X1 MPI/DP. I've got a red LED on the SF and a blinking red LED on the BUS2F, but I'm hoping this is just because I have this on the bench without any X2 cconnection.

I'd like to set this back to 'factory' if possible with the front switch, but I can't find a procedure for this model.

I'm also working on reinstalling Step 7 on a clean system without any WinCC RT or TIA to try again.
Unread June 19th, 2019, 11:35 AM   #22
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

What is the part number of the cable you are trying? is it Siemens or aftermarket ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperMP View Post
Contact this supplier:
https://www.plccable.com/siemens-plc...solated-cable/

They must have the manuals, drivers etc.
We dont sell that cable, the link you sent him to is a serial cable, his is a USB... and yes I know i'm late to the party and that this is a old thread that was revised by mister x
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Unread June 20th, 2019, 10:32 AM   #23
mister x
Canada

So I did find the solution. In one of two items, which i might try to confirm later.

I installed Step 7 5.6 on a clean system. I still could not get the PG/PC interface to flip off Profibus as <active>. Wouldn't do it. So I went with what it was giving me and tried to go online with Profibus <active> connected to the X2/DP port at 1.5 rate. And that was that. Works using Siemens adapter and Cheap Chinese knockoff.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum