Few question For Alarm In WinCC Flex 2008

enault

i've started the Hmi Project using the wizzard so there the basic alarm Window in the template screen i have checked the box to show the Edit Button but it does not seem to work nothing appen when i click it while an alarm is selected, is there any special action to take in order for it to Work? Would it allow me to change the alarm Text while in runtime?

next question is about alarm Classes. I was thinking that the classes could be use to show each classes in a different color in the alarm Window or the alarm view but all the alarm show is the same color which is the one define in the alarm View or window. So What are those color we can change in the alarm classes used for? is there a way to use a different color for each classes of alarm that show in the alarm Window or the alarm View

The poor OP never got a response back in 2008. I'm hoping I'm a bit more lucky.

I too would have thought that the alarm class background color setting would put a colored background behind the alarm text in the alarm display window. But, like the OP, all my alarms display without a colored background. Am I misinterpretting what that color selection really is or am I missing something in the alarm window setup?

I am developing in WinCC Flex 2008 SP2 and my target HMI is an MP 277 10" on Ethernet.

Keith

Weird.

Create alarm classes.
With the colors you want for C, CD, CA, CDA states of your alarms.
Create alarms and link them to the correct classes.
Using Alarm View or Alarm Window doesn't matter.

We've been using this feature since WinCC Flex 2005 on OP270's and never had an issue.

Could you provide us screenshots of:
Discrete alarm config
Alarm Classes config
Alarm window showing active alarm.

>_>

Just almost drove myself insane.
Created new project, MP277 10", trying to recreate your issue.
And indeed it didn't show colors.
So I went over just about every setting to check if it's the same as our existing and working setups.
Finally arrived at: Alarm Settings > Use alarm class colors
Select that one and it'll work.