Red Lion HMI to SLC5/05, values stop writing to PLC

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm gradually replacing a Windows 2000 PC running Wonderware with a 15" Red Lion HMI. The application is a large plastic extruder. Right now, the PC screen and the RL touch-screen are mounted on the same panel, next to each other. Some machine functions have been moved over to the RL, and I'm working on moving all of the temperature and pressure displays to the RL.

Yesterday, I was adding temperatures. The Eurotherm controller sends PV values to the HMI, then I added a block to write those values to the N30: locations in the SLC. I was monitoring the N values in RSLogix500. They worked perfectly for about 2 minutes and then they stopped. I haven't been able to get them to write to the SLC since then. All affected addresses are zeros. It appears to only be those values, but I'll double-check that today.

Any thoughts on what happened?