give me answer about zelio

elhagan

hello all i have zelio SR2A201BD i want to used the zelio with encoder 5000 pulse
any person used encoder with zelio before
can this job work
encoder 5000 pulse - 300 khz
I1 ENCODER PULSE
CC1 INTERNAL COUNTER 1
Q1 OUTPUT1
I2 RESET THE COUNTER

I1----------CC1
C1-------------Q1
I2-------------RC1
THE question CAN WE USED ENCODER WITH NORMAL ZELIO INPUT
THANKS ALL

The Fast Counter function enables you to count pulses up to a frequency of 1 kHz.
The counter OUTPUT indicates whether:
_disc.gif

The preset value has been reached (upcounting),
_disc.gif

The value 0 has been reached (downcounting).

The fast counter inputs are implicitly connected to the I1 and I2 module inputs:
_disc.gif

A pulse (rising edge) on the I1 input increments the counter,
_disc.gif

A pulse (rising edge) on the I2 input decrements the counter.

Their use is not recommended on the wiring sheet.
The INITIALIZATION input can be used to reset the Fast Counter function to zero or to the preset value (depending on the parameter selected) during use.
The counter functions only if the ENABLE FUNCTION input is active.
Repetitive mode can be used with a time-delay value.

Note: If the current value of the counter exceeds the upper limit: +32767, it goes to -32768.
If the current value of the counter exceeds the lower limit: -32767, it goes to +32768.

Note: Note: This function block cannot be simulated.

Access

This function
01310001.gif
is accessible from the FBD function bar.

Inputs/Outputs

The up/down counter uses:
_disc.gif

An ENABLE FUNCTION Discrete-type input.
_disc.gif

A discrete INITIALIZATION input.
_disc.gif

2 inputs implicitly connected to the I1 and I2 module inputs.

The up/down counter provides:
_disc.gif

A discrete OUTPUT,
_disc.gif

The PRESET VALUE (1),
_disc.gif

The CURRENT COUNTER VALUE (1),
_disc.gif

The CURRENT TIMER VALUE for output (1).
(1) these integer values are displayed in Simulation and Monitoring mode.

Workshop Setting

Type of counting
Two modes are available:
_disc.gif

Upcounting to the preset value: incrementation of the count value,
_disc.gif

Downcounting from the preset value: decrementation of the count value.

Preset
This value is between 0 and 32767 (preset value).
Cycle type
Two modes are available:
_disc.gif

Single cycle: the current counter value changes on an on-going basis.
The output is activated when the current value is greater than the preset value (counting mode) or when the current value is less than the preset value (counting mode),
_disc.gif

Repetitive cycle: the current value of the counter is reinitialized during counting when the value reaches the preset value (counting mode) or 0 (counting mode).
The output is enabled following this reinitialization and remains active during a period of time that can be configured with the parameter: duration of pulse (from 1 to 32767 times 100ms) )

Latching
By default, after a power cut, the counter is set to the state that corresponds to program initialization.
To restore the state of the counter backed up on power loss, it is essential to activate latching.

Configuration from Front Panel

From the PARAMETER menu, you can adjust:
_disc.gif

The setpoint value,
_disc.gif

The DURATION OF PULSE (for a repetitive cycle).
Illustration: parameter screen for a fast counter in Zelio entry / Front panel mode:
01310002.gif

Description:
Number
Parameter
Description
Setpoint
Counter preset value.
Duration of pulse
Only if the cycle is repetitive

Note: This type of cycle cannot be modified from the front panel.

Parameter lock

The lock is positioned when the program is written to the module: Transfer\Transfer Program\PC > Module menu.
The Write options window appears following compilation results and before the application is transferred onto the module.
Locking prevents locked parameters from being modified from the front panel of the module using the PARAMETERS menu.

Up-Counting Function in Single Cycle Mode

The following diagram shows the operation of the counter with initialization at 0:
01310003.gif

Down-Counting Function in Single Cycle Mode

The following diagram shows the operation of the down-counter with initialization at the preset value:
01310004.gif

Up-Counting Function in Repetitive Cycle Mode

The following diagram shows the operation of the counter with forcing to 0 of the current value on initialization, or when the count value has reached the preset value:
01310005.gif

The output switches to the Inactive state when the predefined pulse duration value has run out. If the switch condition is Active before the switch to the Inactive state, the output pulse is prolonged by the DURATION OF THE PULSE (Timing).

Down-Counting Function in Repetitive Cycle Mode

The following diagram shows the operation of the down-counter with forcing to the preset value of the current value on initialization, or when the count value has reached 0:
01310006.gif

The output switches to the Inactive state when the predefined pulse duration value has run out. If the switch condition is Active before the switch to the Inactive state, the output pulse is prolonged by the DURATION OF THE PULSE (Timing).

hello

Ed01 said:
The Fast Counter function enables you to count pulses up to a frequency of 1 kHz.
i cant under stand all this tobic
my q is can we used zelio with encoder pulses
yes or no
i have encoder 30khz 5000 pulses
you say the fast counter i mean the input in the electric circuit inside the smart realy can sense the encoder pulse thats is my q thank you sir

Some PLC's allow encoder inputs to some of its discrete inputs (for example Koyo DL05 and DL06), The manufacturer should mentions that clearly.

If it's not mentioned, then -most likly- it can't be used for encoders. You can also check for the response time of the discrete inputs of Zelio PLC's.
In your case: response time should be 300 (or 30?) khz or higher.

Last edited: